1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooner Softballers!

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by rock on sooner, Apr 17, 2016.

1. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Don't see much on here about the ladies...currently #9 in the country..33-7
    (I think) all starters hitting .330 or better, yesterday had nearly an all fresh-
    man infield...walk off 2 run dinger to beat the Whorns. I haven't been able
    to see them much on TV but was happy to catch the game yesterday...Patty
    still doin' her thing! Boomer!

2. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Indeed! Should be posting more about them as they are having another great year.

3. DrZaius

DrZaius Well-Known Member

My daughter and I drove up to Knoxville from Atlanta to watch them play Tennessee. It was a great day. The Sooners crushed them! Nicole signed her 3 run homer ball for my daughter. Class Act!

4. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ladies had a big weekend....3 wins....all shutouts!

5. Sooner95

Considering this team started off 8-4 I'm rather impressed on the run they've put together. Very nice.

6. Sooner95

27 straight wins and another WCWS appearance! Well done ladies!

7. Sooner95

According tot he website it appears we will get #6 Bama in the first game of WCWS. Our side of the bracket appears to be weighted due to #16 GA knocking off #1 FL.

End of the day, it doesn't matter. Beat who is in front of you and it all works out.

8. Sooner95

So the Sooner Ladies took care of Bama tonight, 3-0. They'll get the winner of LSU/Mich tomorrow night!

WCWS is underway!

9. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

Wanted to watch the LSU game last night. But since FSU and Auburn went extra innings, and heavy rain had the satellite out, called it a night. Great to see they trounced LSU. Looking forward to tonight!!

10. deweydw

Great game last night!! It was a nail biter at the end. One more to go!!

11. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

It sure was. I was not able to watch it until the bottom of the 6th...then I thought oh crap I jixed them! Glad they held on. I would have felt horrible. Let's finish it tonight ladies!!!! ONE MORE!

12. deweydw

Ouch!!! Tough loss last night. IMO, had they started the freshman instead, I think it would have been a different outcome.

13. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

CONGRATS SOONER WOMEN!!! SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU! I am so glad I didn't jinx ya'll this time. Way to go...now go celebrate! I know I am

14. deweydw

That was one nerve racking inning!! Page was awesome, staying focused the way she did. And coach Gasso trying to keep her composure during that last at bat when that player kept fowling it off.

WAY TO GO LADIES!!! BOOMER!! SOONER!!

15. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Very proud of the ladies Softball team on their winning the Women's College World Series !!

5-0