1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 Big12 Mens Tourney

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner95, Mar 5, 2016.

1. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

I'm a huge pessimist, but I agree with you 100%. If our guys bring their "A" game, we can win the whole thing. An off night could also see us lose in the first round. If I were betting, I'd say we win a minimum of 2 games, max of 3. I look at how teams finish the year. We are just 6-5 in our last 11 games, going 2-2 in games decided by double digits. As I said earlier, we can still go all the way if we get hot. There's not a single team in the country this year that makes me think, "Hope we don't get put in their bracket." I feel we can beat any team if we play well. I just don't think we can play at a high level for more than 3 games based on how we closed the season. However, I'd love for people to come back on the night of April 4th to laugh at my post and tell me how wrong I was. I would love to eat that kind of crow!

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

My Twitter feed had several shots of upper deck ribbon clocks not being on 0:00 when the shot was out of Buddy's hands, but I don't expect that to change anything

Rather, snarky-me hopes something similar happens to wvu or ku, because either fanbase would have the biggest meltdown ever >:)

Congrats on the season thus far, Sooners. I am so happy that unlike many others, no pressure on selection Sunday and we get at least one more game!

3. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

I'll echo the same sentiments.. #2 seed is fine with me as well. Heck getting OKC sub, and then South regional would be the best setup.

Now to see who we get!

And that was the greatest t shot to never count. Unreal, nearly every fan in that place became a Buddy fan at that time. Was awesome to watch.

4. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

I would be very happy with a #2 seed. At this point we are just another pretty good top 10-20 type team. We got some push early in the season largely because of having a senior-heavy team. I see this team as a sweet sixteen team. Maybe getting to the eight with a little luck. I don't think it's so much that this team has tanked as much as our flaws are better known and becoming more exploitable.

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

WVU is a top 10 team, and they were very fortunate to win that game. It's more worrisome what teams like Tech and KSU were able to don on the road.

What we've done on the road is concerning, but I will say that we've seemed to do fairly well on neutral courts.