1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 Big12 Mens Tourney

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner95, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

2. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Could be an early exit if we play like we did today.

5-0

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ISU, WVU, and then potentially KU? We're gonna have to earn that 1 seed.

4. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

TCU advancing has been the only mild surprise so far. KU is firing on all cylinders as they dissembled KSU today.

KU/Baylor in one semi. I don't expect WVU to struggle to bad with TCU.

Our game looks to be the best one of the Big12 Quarters.

5. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Always good to get a win at "Hilton South" lol.

ISU was tough tonight. Best win in a while.

Give Buddy the Wooden!

6. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

We nearly choked it in the last few minutes but it goes down as a good win against a tough opponent. West Virginia will be even tougher on Friday night!

7. hawaii 5-0

Great team effort tonight against the Cyclones.

Buddy played at his usual high level. No one was in serious foul trouble. Turnovers were limited, tho that stupid inbounds pass with two minutes left was an ugly reminder we could still improve.

5-0

8. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Too bad the game was on the sport's tier tonight and not ESPiN or ESPiN-2. I don't really understand that deal tonight with the Big-10 and ACC games on regular cable in prime-time and the Big-12 relegated to the sport's tier, but the fans that don't have it missed a helluva game. If the game tonight was on regular cable then Buddy would win the POY/Wooden award in a landslide, imo. Geez, what a game, and Niang had a helluva game too. Two really really good players going head to head.

Sure hope we have enough left in the tank for W Va tomorrow, and if we win then either KU or Baylor on Sat. We win all 3 in 3 days, then there shouldn't be any question about Buddy being the POY and us being a No. 1 seed, although we sure had a lot of clanks and missed a lot of bunnies in the last half of our conference schedule, and made our own bed with this No. 3 seed, imo. Holy Cow, our training staff must be going nuts tonight, especially since we only played 7 most of the game. Win tomorrow, and a win Sat would be gravy.

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If new ISU guy can't win with that group of players, he's going to a have a hell of time once Niang is gone. Same goes for Tulsa's Frank Haith.

LOL at Texas, even if I'm not that fond of Baylor, either.

So now that the bottom 3's seasons are done, are TCU, OSU and KSU all going to fire their coaches?

BEAT WEST VIRGINIA RAWRRRRRR

10. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I just want to remind people about how the crowd affects the game...
    when the 'Clones started a run Hilton South really ramped it up...have
    to be impressed with their fans. By the same token, WVU won't have
    that sort of support. OUr guys stayed poised in their house...looks like
    a third shot at KU, at least that's my hope....

11. hawaii 5-0

Well said. To me a good crowd is worth about 10 points in basketball.

5-0

12. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

20 turnovers and getting destroyed by a full court press.
    Looks like 7th grade basketball

13. JLEW1818

We can't finish.
    Traveling turnover at half court
    Air ball free throw.
    I guess that's college tho.

14. JLEW1818

15. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

It was the right call but damn what a shot!

Now come back next week and bring it guys.

16. Eielson

I've never seen a team so good at FT's lose so many games due to crucial misses.

17. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

When your #1 guy finishes 1 for 8, you aren't going to win very many games. It's all about the NCAA now, to determine how good of a season this really is for OU.

18. Eielson

Yeah, Buddy didn't get the memo. He's supposed to pass the torch to James NEXT year. We don't need early glimpses.

19. hawaii 5-0

As I've said before, I'm OK with OU losing right now at this time. I think we still have a #2 seed locked up. I'm OK with that. I'm also OK with the team getting an extra day of rest (I think they could use it, especially if they had to come right back tomorrow and play Kansas again).

Hey, did Spangler look tired shooting (and missing) those last two free throws ?

Now they can play next week rested, with a chip on their shoulder.

Bonus tonight........James got some good playing time, which might come in handy down the road.

Still, disappointed with the huge number of turnovers. WV didn't do anything OU hadn't seen except see WV's Carter shoot lights out behind the 3 point line.

There's still no one out there that OU can't beat on any given night. I still like our chances.

5-0

20. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Last night would be my template vs OU. Play pressure defense and force an already turnover prone team into even more. Double Hield, very good player but will take bad shots and see if the other guys can beat you. Hope that Lon has a way to combat what looks like the plan to take OU down. Hopefully last night's loss leads to some positives.