1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stillwater tops Norman in 'best cities for football' list

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by bmjlr, Feb 3, 2016.

1. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

http://newsok.com/article/5476270?scrolling_list=article_small

OSU fans rejoice, OU fans grumble: Stillwater routs Norman on the list of best cities for football in 2015.

While neither city cracked the top 50 in the 245-city list, Stillwater came in at No. 92 and Norman was ranked 167 in the recent WalletHub findings. Tulsa wasn't far behind at 195.

The number crunchers looked at 18 metrics, including fan engagement, ticket prices, and the number of pro and college football teams and performances. And, because of that, don't be too bummed about these Oklahoma cities not being closer to the top of the list since the state lacks an NFL team.

Seriously?!!

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

they'll prob make rings or t-shirts...

at least they topped OU in something.

3. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Musta been a Stoolwater geed to make those rankings. No way anyone that had been to either place would have ranked stoolwater ahead of Norman! Too silly to even respond to!

4. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stoolwater was top in livestock smell.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Fan Engagement ? Really? Ticket prices? Really again? if they want an OU ticket they have to buy Seasons
    Same amount of college teams I suspect But at Least Norman is adjacent to the Thunder.

Im thinkin they polled Sanders followers !~

6. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Sometimes things are so asinine on the surface that they can be dismissed with no further consideration. This would be one of those things.

7. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

8. Pride1Mom

Pride1Mom Member

Must be the great shopping centers they have there. Oh, wait, I guess that would be Wal-Mart. My husband and I like the golf course there, because it is in our PGA golf book. We would love to play Jimmy Austin in Norman, but it is too expensive....

9. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? Stillwater is nothing but a typical cow college town. It reminds me a lot of Starkville MS, which at least has some pretty girls.

10. Pride1Mom

Pride1Mom Member

A mediocre program, mediocre venue, I have been there at the "BIG" games, and Stillwater is a joke! They can't even have a sell out in their 60,000 seat stadium, so may I ask WHO took this poll? Sounds like someone with orange colored glasses to me. I know that if you drive past the HWY 51 exit and go towards Perry, and come in from the north you can get out of town in 10 minutes!! I don't know ANY routes from an OU game that has 85,000 fans you can do that!

11. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Almost all of these types of "lists" are subjective. This is just out and out stupid! The only person who would place Stoolwater higher than Norman is someone prejudiced (a poke state grad, someone who lived on a farm and had never lived in a town larger than 500, have never visited both places, or is mentally challenged!). The only negative Norman would have would be game day traffic. But if you'd rather have a County Fair atmosphere versus big time collegiate football atmosphere, stoolwater it is!!!

12. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

meh! Such fraudulence!

13. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They are closer to Perkins, and therefore closer to Ralph's Market, which is a plus.

14. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

15. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

Stillwater has the one and only reindeer humper. Should have finished top ten just based on that.

16. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does he perform along with the choir during the holidays?

17. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

Got damn, another banner to hang on the stadium.

18. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....You should forward this to osu fans...maybe they'll go to a game lol

ss

19. Mazeppa

20. Mazeppa