1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015-16 football coach firings/changes list

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by badger, Oct 12, 2015.

1. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

FWIW, Riley just tweeted a photo that he's back in OUR office and likes the new Big 12 trophy.

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Probably back to sign his amended contract too ($$$)

3. cvsooner

We can hope. I"m not sure he can do anything specific until the board of regents meets, but I'm sure promises are being made. Probably for Cooks, Simmons and Reynolds too.

4. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I did not see that one coming.

As for BYU:

BYU is also facing a limited candidate pool for its next head coach based off university policy that dictates a head coach be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

BYU candidates would be Ken Niumatalolo, Kyle Whittingham and Org St DC Kalani Sitake

5. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

I guess they aren't an equal opportunity employer...

I guess they are private, but that still sounds pretty weird.

6. Jacie

I wonder if this holds true for assistant coaches as well?

7. cvsooner

I'm not all that surprised that a guy named 'Brian Kelly' wound up as the coach at Notre Dame. You know what I'm sayin'?

8. cvsooner

Muschamp officially hired. Brought along the OC he had at Florida too. (Ouch.) Though right now he looks like a genius compared to whatever McElwain has going on the offensive side of the ball.

I think that pretty well wraps it up. I think we're safe on Life with Riley for now.

9. Jacie

Now there is a story about Holgerson and whether or not WVU will keep him. The buyout on his contract and the assistants is $9 million, a lot of money for them and as a lot of the big names are already off the board, they'll probably keep him but let him know he is on the hot seat.

10. cvsooner

Rumor about Heupel being hired as OC at Mizzou, but Mizzou says still interviewing people. Stay tuned.

11. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bump to top to highlight UTSA Coach Coker resigning (anyone know why? Health?) and hiring of LSU Running Backs Coach and head recruiter Frank Wilson.

12. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Baj is such a slacker for not updating this thread ;)

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I've already moved onto basketball season. Why haven't the rest of you :p

14. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We have a basketball team?