1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#1 OU vs clones

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 18, 2016.

1. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Buddy is shooting us out of the game. If they'd just isolate cousins and let him break his down guy off the dribble he'd have much better shots.

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you want to be #1, you have to play like it.

3. Blue

Playing dumb. Outrebounded. Out hustled.

A win would be a gift.

4. Blue

Buuuuudyyyy!!!!!

5. Blue

Good game. Got no complaints.

That illegal screen call was about a 5 point swing atleast. Refs win another one.

6. Blue

That's some bull****.

7. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

On a bright note, ISU improves to .500 in conference play, so at least we didn't lose to a team with a losing conference record. [insert sarcasm smiley here]

Not sure what's up with Buddy. He's definitely not looked like a National POY candidate over the past few games.

8. Blue

Whens the last time somebody stormed the court playing us? LOL.

9. Blue

Are you kidding? He was freakin awesome tonight. Stop watching basketball, please.

10. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

All I can say is, ISU must be far and away the best-coached team in the history of college basketball. As aggressive and mauling as they were in the paint, and to end the 2nd half with only 5 fouls? That is some razor-precision technique they're coaching in Ames! It almost appears as if they are pounding on the guys driving the ball, but in reality there's an Angstrom of daylight between the defender and ball-handler. Astounding!

11. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

I thought he forced up some really bad shots that normally would have been forced up by Cousins. I'm amazed we can have 2 starters play as bad as Spangler and Woodard did and have a 3rd starter with zero points and we still almost won a game on the road.

PS. that inbounds play that drew the T was 3 kinds of awesome.

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

To be fair, we settled for jump shots all night long instead of driving when it was there. Yes, that one ref that blew the over and back and the ball out of bounds started calling those stupid illegal screens up top, but it was fairly clean otherwise.

13. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Thought we kind of looked tired tonight, but that can be expected after a tough Sat game and then another one away on a Monday night.

When Buddy has his dribble under control and skies to the hoop, it sure is pretty to watch. If we get some decent O and D out of our 3 bigs, Buford continues to improve, and we play under control, then we should be tough in the tourney. Hell, with 2 Ls in-conference already, we're going to have to bring the A-Game each night just to finish in the top 3 or 4.
    The good news is we've already played away games in Lawrence and Ames. The bad news is we've still got to go to Waco, W Va, and Austin. We may have 4 or 5 conference losses, be ranked around 10th or worse, and still be a darned good team in the tourney.

14. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

Hopefully you got the POY reference. He had a good game. But awesome? Hardly. If all you look at are points that a player scores, I can see where you might come up with your assessment. 10-23, NO FREE THROWS, 6 boards, and 4 assists. He certainly had a good game, but I'm still waiting for him to get back to playing at a "freaking awesome" level. ;) I'm also concerned with the lack of help. Teams will concentrate on stopping Hield and Cousins. Nice to see Buford stepping up, but we need more players contributing.

That being said. I'll take your advice and stop watching basketball. At least for the rest of today. :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  15. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

This!!

16. Blue

Awesome in the fact he made like 8 3's w/ 6 being contested. He vanished for about 15 minutes but you take what he is.

He's not Lebron and you are a fickle fan. This game was an L at the beginning of the year and these guys made it a game despite Woodard and Lattin and Spangler putting up squat.

I cant stand fans like you. With fans like you, who needs opposing fans? They played their hearts out in a tough environment against a great team and all you can post is negative faggot bs. There's another loser board where all the posters are losers just like yourself and think the sky is falling after every opposing bucket or every circumstance in life where it doesn't quite fall their way called Landthieves. You'd fit in great over there.

17. Blue

Everybody else in the conference has the same schedule. We'll be fine.

Damn just be positive for a change. Our two toughest road games (3-wva) we almost won. That bodes well for our trips to Lubbock, Ft. Worth, Waco, and Austin.

18. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Looked to me like we drove plenty, but between being mauled and, when not still missing consistently around the rim, there probably was better odds going for jump shots. Hard to remember a game where we missed so many shots inside of 5 feet.

19. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

We drove to the basket about 1/2 as much as ISU did. Also, when we drive to the basket we try to get the shot off, not try to get fouled. Its normally a smart strategy on the road because college basketball has always been about not getting calls consistently on the road. My biggest complaint was how out of it Spangler was. We win this by 10 points if he does even a marginal job in the 1st half of keeping his guy off the boards.

ISU had 13 offensive rebounds and 16 second chance points.

20. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I was really impressed with ISu's defense. I wish we would step up our defense and stop allowing so many easy drives to the basket.