1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big XII can have a championship game, per ncaa vote.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Mazeppa, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

2. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I wish they had ruled otherwise and forced us into expansion.

3. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

This has Te*as fingerprints all over it. My opinion--It would be really stupid to have a championship game after playing a round robin schedule anyway.

It's a huge risk, and I don't think your members will go along with this.

4. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

(The danger for the Big 12: What if a 12-0 team loses in a rematch to a team it already defeated? The Big 12 is the only major conference that plays a round-robin schedule, meaning every team plays each other. Is it fair to ask an undefeated conference champion to win a second game against a team it already defeated?)

We should just hope the big XII expands if they want a championship game, so we would not have to see this happen.

5. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the conference would be nuckin futz to play a championship
    game that would obviously feature a rematch..fraught with all kinds
    of peril!.. Expansion makes even more sense now!

6. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dumb idea. In the old Big 12, the possibility for a rematch existed but it didn't happen every year. Plus now, it's not the team with the best record that wins the conference. Losing a game just became not a big deal because there's a good chance you'll get a rematch.

7. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Last season proved we didn't need it. If Baylor had played a P5 team with a pulse OOC the year before, they would have been in. The old BCS rules didn't weight rematch wins as highly as others at one time. The committee doesn't seem to have fast rules, but it was humans that put in the BCS rules and I assume humans are on the committee.

8. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What's this 'us' stuff?

You people are interlopers.

9. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

I think Oklahoma and Texas will be against it but KU, KSU,ISU, TT will probably be all for it because they will get a share of the championship game $$ and it isn't like any of them are going to be risking a spot in the playoff as a regular season conference champ.

I think the NCAA "allowing" the Big 12 to have a championship game = the NCAA "expecting" the Big 12 to have a championship game.

10. SoonerBorn

SoonerBorn Member

How would this have worked last season? Would we have played OSU twice in a row?

11. BoulderSooner79

Wouldn't have. They would have to reduce conference games and add OOC games before doing this and it still wouldn't work well.

12. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Have no idea what you are talking about, there would have been a no win (for OU) rematch.OU was the #1 seed and oSu by virtue of the Baylor loss to UT would have been the #2 seed.

13. BoulderSooner79

I'm saying they would not have had a full round-robin format under a scheme that included a CCG. So speculating how it would have looked last season is pointless as all teams would have had a different schedule. But ending up with a re-match would still be highly likely even with a CCG given only 10 teams in the conference.