1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how bad will this season be?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoopified, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well, I'm not going to go back and find my post...Boulder go ahead.

I think going into the season I thought 9-3 would be good, possible 8-4. Anything over 9-3 was great. I' glad I was wrong as well...but honestly a lot of folks were. WHO GIVES A $HIT~

OU is in a position to be where a LOT OF FOLKS didn't think they'd be. I'm just going to enjoy it.

Mayfield was a wild card. He's done unbelievable...

BOOMER

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not going back on any posts; just saying it's too early to revive this thread. If OUr boys lose this last one, the gloomers will be out in force claiming the whole season was $hit. But not me. I've said before that with all the unknowns going into this season, I mostly looking for a team came together and looked much better by the end of the season. This has happened.

But the OSU game has always looked like it would be a tough finale and it's usually a close one up there. Nothing about us beating Baylor or getting a high CFP ranks is going to change that. It's only changed the mood and expectation of the fans who now think it's in the bag for some reason.

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Really? "In the bag"? I guess I missed those.

4. BoulderSooner79

I browse over at LT. Lots more fans over there, but hard to know which ones are 13. Since BU lost to OU and OSU lost to BU, lots of confident posters expect a 52-21 sort of beat down. The ol college football transitive property that works so well :distrust: Also, seem to think the royal jelly the committee put on us with the #3 changes everything.

5. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Ah, that explains it. I don't "do" LT. :joyous:

6. BoulderSooner79

You'll see a few of those lop-sided scores in the prediction thread here too. But I suspect a lot of those predictions are not really predictions - more like a wish list. :D

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Reports im hearin is low 30s with slight freezin drizzle , we gonna win by moren 7 but it aint gonna be a high scoring game
    The O/U is at 69. that aint happening in that kinda weather.

8. BoulderSooner79

Weird things can happen in "weather" games - hope it's good weird.

9. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol, true. I agree, the season as of now is better than expected. I didn't think we could do worse than last year (8-5 isn't HORRIBLE, but the way we lost was). I am not even counting on being in the playoff even if we beat osu. Mich st, iowa, nd...hell even florida (course that would likely knock off bama)...who knows. Just trying to enjoy the season.

10. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nicely played. You may be right.

11. olevetonahill

Dis be true! But I aint puttin any money on the Overs LOL at 69 lol
    Got 275 on OU at 6.5 Ill live with that.

12. vtsooner21

vtsooner21 New Member

ok; admittedly I'm one of those "dreamers" who predicted a beat down. And you're absolutely correct in this: I am wishing more so than using my head for something other than a hat rack. A convincing win here & next stop the big time games...Here's hoping that the Sooners have shaken off the risidual effects of that 2nd half vs TCU & are ready to play like we know that they can...Boomer

13. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If the next game is a repeat of the Ice Bowl, you'll be sweatin those 6.5 points.

14. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not so fast my Sooner friend.Comparisons of this Puke team to that Puke team are unwarran ted. They had a very good running team with Thurman and Barry.This Neon Orange version can NOT run the ball. i,I am among those predicting OU by 2-3 TDs. On the other hand I expected this team to contend for conference title and playoff berth. That is the major reason behind my meltdown after the RRS debacle.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  15. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's nice to see, and to point out, the shambling idiocy of those who hated on Riley's 'high school' offense, Bob's ability to run a Div 1 program and the like. I'm curious. Will those who criticized so visciously now agree to shut their stupid mouths for a reasonable period? Say, oh, 2-3 years?
    You need not answer. Just go away for a long time. FO and buhbye.

16. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Missed this thread the first time through. Some freaking idiots!

17. BoulderSooner79

HAHA,HAHA - you funny man. The quiet period will last until the next 'L', which likely happens this season.

18. olevetonahill

I aint Skeered!

Yup. Hell I put 300 on us to win it all at the START of the season, Lot of folk here laughed at me. They still invited to the Party if I win that bet LOL that 35 to 1 odds have now dropped to 7 to 1 LOL

19. manateepower

manateepower Member

Add my name to the list of people who are eating crow. In now way did I imagine that we were going to be I'm this position.

I think we are the best team in the country right now with a healthy Mayfield.

20. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

LOL at the bed wetting haters in this thread.....