1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 2016 football schedule released

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner24, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Skysooner

Skysooner Well-Known Member

Not the murderer's row like this year. Only concern is TCU so early in the season.

3. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think that is to OU's advantage since they'll be breaking in a new QB and a lot of other new players.

4. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

5. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Also to OU's advantage that the toughest road game is October 1 and a loss is not a late season loss. That said the November 19 WV game between Baylor and Be to the dlam has trap game written all over it

6. SoonerDream

SoonerDream New Member

So we play Houston, then Ohio State, then TCU? All in our first 4 games? That's crazy o.o

7. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They'll be having to adjust with new players but hopefully if Patterson is off at USC or LSU it wouldn't matter...

8. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

Patterson will still be there. He's busy behind the scenes trying to get TCU to drop the "'Horned" from their name.

So he can be the mascot as well as the coach.

9. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

One of those stupid Thursday games. If it was worked around a bye week it would be fine but a short week of preparation is not good.

10. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Why it's early in the season for them too.

11. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's a short week to prepare for ISU giving us a long week to prepare for Baylor. I actually like an occasional Thurs game.

12. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

That is just an odd choice. Baylor was a big game, I'm not sure ISU would have much interest at all.

Plus getting to Ames on a Thursday is an awkward trip.

13. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

How about we get thru this season before we start thinking about next year?

14. Jerk

Jerk SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does Mayfield not have one more year of eligibility ?

15. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

That would be terrible if that was the case with Houston the 1st game and Ohio St the 3rd game, but i seriously doubt that is the case. I am almost positive that Mayfield returns next year. He bleeds crimson, and cream, and loves college football, and just doesn't seem like the type of guy who will leave for the pros even if we win the national championship.

16. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Sit out a year just to play one year?

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Mayfield is a Junior and he is still petitioning to get last year back as a red shirt year as far as I know.