1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweeting during the half

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Jacie, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If there were any reason at all for optimism in Austin, it could be pointed out that all 4 losses were to Top 25 teams.

In one revealing, stupid act, this player pulled the rug out from under a fan base grasping at straws, and showed how Charlie Strong as lost control of this team.

Texas DB Kris Boyd retweets A&M fan saying he should transfer

Dr. Saturday

After Texas was destroyed 37-0 by TCU in the first half Saturday in an eventual 50-7 loss in Fort Worth, Texas defensive back Kris Boyd apparently found a bit of time to check his Twitter feed in the locker room during halftime.

And what did he do? The freshman retweeted a fan saying he and linebacker Malik Jefferson should transfer to Texas A&M. Yikes.

That’s not what Texas fans want to see as the program struggles in Year Two under Charlie Strong. And Strong was not happy when he was asked about Boyd's halftime tweet.

Boyd, a four-star recruit, narrowed his choices down to the Longhorns and Aggies, but committed to Texas before signing day. Despite receiving plenty of playing time early this season, it looks like Boyd is having second thoughts about his decision to play at Texas, which is now 1-4.

2. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

I read that earlier. With our previous lack of discipline in this game, barely scraping by them last year and getting blown out by a completely inferior Whorns team 2 years ago, it's probably the worst thing that could happen to us.
    We're in a no-win situation next week w/o a 65-13 type thumping of them especially with the state of Texas recruits (TCU, Baylor aTm) . Perhaps this new staff will bring a sense of urgency to our players and they will use all the undisciplined penalties we had today as a teaching motivator so our players don't take next week as a given. Damn glad we don't have last year's offense (or OC) going into this one.

Geeez, ND just scored to bring them within 2 with about 5 secs left in the game and they ran just a ridiculous play for the 2 point conversion and got stuffed.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No such thing as a no-win. It would be in the W column whether it was by 1 point or 50. The '13 loss is not a good example because that was not a completely inferior horn team. They were actually playing for the conference on the last game of the season after we knocked off OSU the same day. And our '13 squad was pretty dang mediocre much of the season. Last year is a much better example - now that was an extremely inferior horn team and we looked like crap in all but the 3rd qtr and made Swoops look like a real QB. They look even worse this year in every game except the OSU game, so a loss to them would be really bad.

4. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

It seems we remember the 2013 RRR/RRS fiasco differently. In any event, it was fricken ugly.

Pregame

11 October 2013

Postgame quote from the Lost Ogle

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  5. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

seriously, landry ****ing jones put 60 on those *******s like twice.

if they didn't think those games were "over" i sure as hell did and my beer drinking also.

usual texas morons.

as they used to spray paint: Beat Texas.

6. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

First thing I do on Monday, if I'm Bob Stoops, is make the team watch the 2013 game, just to remind them a RRS win is never a sure thing.

7. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Many people thought our '13 was better than they really were - especially after the OSU game and Sugar bowl. The reality is that we were a team that struggled much of the time, but managed to win close ones against mediocre teams. Remember WVU? TCU? The horns were not good either, but not nearly the dumpster fire they have been this year and last. They had a decent defense and power running game. But most of all they were a bad match-up for us that year. I actual bet on the horns to cover when the ridiculous spread came out at 10.5 as I recall. Easy $100. The TCU game the week before was a very good indicator of how it might play out. (TCU was not good that year). People also recall how we torched them with LJ at QB. And we would have again if we had an LJ-like QB at the helm. He would have forced them out of that tight, press coverage in the 1st qtr - but Bell (and probably TK) couldn't do it. Played right into their wheelhouse. It was no fluke and they probably win 7 out of 10 against us that year and not because the horns were great. Just because all the experts were fooled because they went by history or reputation doesn't mean they were right - it just means they didn't do their homework.