1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayfield

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Snrinhouston, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Snrinhouston

Snrinhouston Active Member

Gritty player. Lotta heart.

2. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yea once he gets a rhythm he can sling it

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Doesn't get down when things are not going well - and he had plenty of chances to do just that.

4. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Can't bring him down.

Ben Roethlisberger-esque

5. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Demeanor-wise Mayfield reminds me of Joe Montana. If you looked at Montana on the sidelines you couldn't tell if he just threw an interception or completed one for a touchdown. It was all about the next possession like he had no short term memory.

6. TrueBornSooner

TrueBornSooner New Member

He's still too inconsistent. Way too many overthrows. That will burn us if he doesn't learn to calm down soon. Otherwise, great example of Sooner Magic!

7. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

If he's got Sooner Magic on his side, with that talent level.

It'll work itself out.

8. BoulderSooner79

We got who we got. Compared to TK, Mayfield is an upgrade and more entertaining to watch. It is just a game after all.

9. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Considering half the night he was running for his life, I don't think you can conclude that. I'd like to see what he could do with a bit of protection, and some receivers (OTHER than Shep) who hang on to the dang ball!

10. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's going to be a love hate thing with him. I told my wife that he reminds me of tebow. Hear me out. Tebow wasn't the best college QB. Not the most accurate, but he finds a way to make **** happen. That little jump pass to perine for a td, scrambling out of pressure. He definable has his flaws, and he may drive us nuts, but he is scrappy, works hard, and never quits.

11. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Makes me think of ol' Jake "The Snake" in his ASU days. Very, very slippery and a damn baller!

12. BoulderSooner79

I won't hate a player that puts it out there like that. If he's got limits, so be it as long as he practices hard and plays hard.

13. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....everyone is quick to judge or critique but seem to overlook the fact that he is very early in his college career

ss

14. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Who am I to criticize Baker? I do wish he'd stay in the pocket a bit longer in many cases though.

15. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

The kid has moxey!

16. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The only thing Baker has proven to be better at than TK is beating up on bad opponents. They're both really up and down, and I don't think I would call last nights performance impressive. It was a gutsy finish, and that's exciting, but it was an overall poor performance. I hope he has a great year, though, and I'm not calling for TK back in the starting lineup.

17. CatfishSooner

CatfishSooner New Member

BS...I think considering the circumstances, Baker had a great game... a lot of the **** in the first half was not his fault (penalties, drops, no protection, etc.)... I'm impressed with his smart decision making & ability to continue playing regardless of what happened last play...

18. Therealsouthsider

....crapola...Tennessee is not a bad opponent, his first pick was a deflection, had a lot of impressive throws that were spot on and with touch, extended and kept plays alive....most importantly he was a leader....and then he did the whip

....it was his second start....judge at the end of the year

ss

19. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We lose that game if Trevor Knight was the QB...it is that simple....

CatfishSooner likes this.
  20. Therealsouthsider

....the only other OU QB that wins that game in the Stoops era is Heuple

sss