1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone making the road trip to Tennessee next weekend?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tnraider1, Sep 6, 2015.

1. tnraider1

tnraider1 Well-Known Member

The ticket prices have been unreal, but they are starting to drop as the game gets closer. Hoping to have enough crimson in the crowd to mess up their checkerboard, even if just slightly. And if you know of any Sooner tailgates, please let me know. It would be great to meet some of you guys in person. Boomer Sooner!!!

2. TheUnnamedSooner

TheUnnamedSooner Well-Known Member

I'll be there! Would love to see some fellow Sooners as well

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

My Daughter and SIL will be there.

4. tnraider1

Going with my brother. Can't wait!!! Been living in Peyton Manning territory most of my life.

5. instigator

instigator SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll be driving up but we still need tickets. Any idea what is the ticket situation like near the stadium?

6. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

Would love to go but just can't make it work out with work schedule. Will be loud watching from home! Boomer Sooner and be loud everyone!!!

7. tnraider1

I've personally never been to a game at Neyland, but the UT fans I've spoken with say there will be scalpers all around on game day. I'm not 100% sure about that though. Their fans are going nuts over the chance at beating OU, which may limit the number available. I got mine on Stubhub, but I payed pretty hefty for them. I also checked craigslist in Knoxville and there appears to be quite a few up for grabs, but those aren't cheap either. $200 per ticket looks like the best you'll do unless you wait until game time and take a chance on the scalpers.

8. instigator

instigator SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks for the reply. I hate going without tickets but the only time we've ever had issues was the 2008 BCS Championship. Every other game the tickets were easier to find than expected. Hopefully this will be similar. I am just hoping it comes down as the game gets closer.

9. tnraider1

We struggled to find tickets to that game as well, and were pretty worried as the game drew close. The prices should drop some toward the end of the week. With 102,000 seats to fill, surely there will be some available around the stadium.

10. VolMike

VolMike New Member

Thoughts from a VOL fan...
    I have never posted to an opponents message board before, but this game could be EPIC! First let me say that anyone traveling to Knoxville this weekend, I would like to be the first to welcome you! I hope you have fun and enjoy what will truly be college football at it's finest! If you have never been to Neyland Stadium before, get ready for a good time and you might want to bring some earplugs!!! The sight of 102,000-109,000 crazed fans is truly a sight to behold. You just can't imagine the environment until you are there. No matter what team you are for, just enjoy what college football is all about. Now for this game, last year you got beat us down because this UT team just wasn't there yet, and I was the first to say "congratulations" on a big win. Although this year will be the first year in a decade that we actually might have the horses to hang with a team as good as OU. It has been a long 10 years in Knoxville of coaching changes (debacles) and a complete turn-over of staff from the top down, and players. I am cautiously optimistic this year and although I am not ready to call for a win in this game on Saturday night, I feel that we should at least compete at a high level again. The VOL nation is so hungry for a "big time win" that if it happens, major repairs will be needed to Neyland Stadium! I will be there in all orange (checker Neyland will be in full force) and the night time environment will be absolutely electric. If the VOLS can find a way to win this game, I will shake every one of your hands and say "good game". Also if OU finds a way to win, I will do the same. 98% of college football fans believe good sportsmanship is vital to the game. I would also like to say that just like every fan base, we have our share of idiots that will be rude and talk trash. That is ok to a point but in the end may the best team win and the losers should be gracious to the opponent. If you go to this game and encounter said "idiots", please don't take that as all UT fans are idiots. We welcome you to town, hope you have safe travels but hope you lose by 1 point : ) I'll cautiously call it 41-38 VOLS, mainly due to the crowd noise and your freshman QB. I'm not sure he has ever dealt with or imagined what's coming his way on Saturday night!!! God bless and GO VOLS!!!

SoonerMarkVA and Turd_Ferguson like this.
  11. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks for the post, VolMike. One correction: we don't have any freshman QBs on the roster. Our starter is a junior who was a walk-on reject from Texas Tech. So you guys should cruise to an easy 'W' and I'd recommend you bet accordingly.

:cheerful:

12. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

NP is going. He also got to go to Domer a few seasons ago. I love that OU has premiere road games but miss him every time he goes to one :p

13. olevetonahill

Thanks for a Classy post Mike.
    All teams have their share of idiots some more so than others.
    I think OU will win But then again Ima Sooner LOL
    Just hope for an injury free game on both sides.

14. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

:triumphant:
    I've heard that Neyland is so loud I'll probably have to turn my TV off Dolby digital stereo, turn my power amps off and listen to it on mono thru the TV speakers only. Gosh, I wished I lived east of the Mississippi River because I could just mute the audio and open up a window to hear the game........and I've already booked a warranty appointment for my LED on Monday.

also the US Navy has issued a statement as a precautionary measure that it's submarines will turn off all the Sonars around the world 10 minutes before the game. As of now, the warning time limit is only valid thru the midway point in the 1st quarter.

I've also heard that Older Tennessee fans who usually fall asleep during the 1st quarter while watching the Vols are being being cautioned by the Tennessee Governor's office to take off their My Zone headphones prior to kick-off. My Zone has issued a statement through Walgreens, that their 5/50* warranty will be voided for anyone listening to the game through their headphones.

* 5 minutes from the time of purchase/ 50 feet from the point of sale.

and to be outdone, the OGS, through the Oklahoma Governor's office, has already said that if there are any earthquakes east of the Rocky Mtns on Saturday Night, they are probably due to the Neyland noise level and should not be in any way,shape or form be connected to waste water injection. Another statement from some geologist out of Tulsa said that the lake water level at Arcadia Lake this week has not been stable.

15. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

16. VolMike

VolMike New Member

I'm sorry I must have misquoted a caller from a radio call-in show here in Nashville. I thought they were talking about your QB being a freshman, but maybe they were simply saying he was first year starter for OU. Either way good luck and I wish TODAY was Saturday!!!

17. olevetonahill

Yup he was All big 12 his freshman year at TT then came here and had to sit out a year, won the starting job and looks fine doing it.

18. volpops

volpops New Member

You will not have any problems finding a ticket, scalpers on every corner. May be high dollar until kickoff though. Good luck in your ticket search and welcome to big orange country.

19. JLMSOONER

JLMSOONER New Member

One thing I keep noticing from UT folk both on here and in the area where I live, St. Louis (by the way aurorasooner, I live just west of the Mississippi about 2 miles, will I be able to hear the game with the windows open and should I contact Lowes to have the windows measured for replacement?) is that how this stadium is going to win the game. I get it that it is big and loud, but the Sooners have played in a big and loud game or two. I have heard way more about the stadium than about their team. Will UT be fielding a team or will we be overcome by the stadium and just bow in defeat once we get on the turf?

20. VolMike

VolMike New Member

Well JLMSOONER, I'm not sure about everyone else you are talking to, but all I was pointing out is that from what I've heard on several radio stations and interviews with OU sports writers, it will be the largest crowd that ANY OU team has EVER played in front of in the history of the OU program. It IS a very big, loud and all around fantastic stadium that will be electric. As far as the game goes, once they kick it off you are right... I really believe that it's a pick-em' game that could absolutely go either way. Both teams are hungry and maybe even a little pissed and it should be a classic. Here's hoping for a great (injury free) game. I do hope you are going to the game so you can see why we are so excited about our home opener... especially being a prime time game against a truly great opponent. If you really want to know the rest of the truth, the last time that UT played a non-conference home game where both teams were ranked was in 2006. That's almost 10 years since we have hosted an EPIC battle at home with a jacked up - sold out crowd (probably close to 110,000) under the lights and fireworks. There is NOTHING like it, so please forgive us for being excited about seeing our mammoth home field come alive again. GOD I can't wait!!!