1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday morning thoughts regarding Joe Mixon, etc....

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Therealsouthsider, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Exactly. And, for those of us with season tickets, a pastime that we spend money on. But, we've been doing it long enough, and have seen enough football to know the difference between a quarterback like Jason White or Sam Bradford versus what we have now.

Those two are the standard. Josh Heupel was a good clutch player who threw his share of ints, but got us a championship. Nate Hybl was about the same, playing behind a sketchier O-line, yet being able to take hard hits and continue playing, and guided us to a Rose Bowl win.

Landry Jones was the poster boy for Stoops letting his offensive coaches become more obsessed with breaking records than winning big games.

I don't think the current QBs on the roster measure up to any of those in the past that I've just named. I've seen them all play. You've seen them all play. It's okay that we have different opinions. I think ENA and Blake Bell were better QBs than what we have now.

2. SouthFortySooner

SouthFortySooner Well-Known Member

Your NOT A FAN if you don't faunch and moan about stuff you can do absolutely nothing about!

3. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ah, I see our friends from Tenn have been having fun with the tags on this thread

4. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

I noticed he doesn't seem to want to talk about the 5 sacks and 2 INTs his inept QB and shoddy O-line produced.

5. Landthief 1972

Landthief 1972 New Member

Then there's the Tennessee injury list, which is getting longer than a Mickey mouse Club roll call (starters in bold):

WR Croom - out 4 weeks
    S McNeil - sounds like he is gone for the year
    DB Swafford - Year
    NB Gaulden - Year
    OG Sanders - Year
    OG Jackson - Year
    WR/RB Vincent Perry - 3-4 months
    WR Pig - suspended 1 game
    RB Kelly - rumored sprain/ankle injury

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. govols

govols New Member

7. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

She's got big feet? She looks quite okay to me.

8. govols

govols New Member

9. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Oh look the little goofvol found another gif to try to have his fun with.
    When did that happen? 10 15 years ago?

10. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I see the TDTW Magical Misery Tour continues.

Is it OK if I don't get high blood pressure and lose sleep over the performance of college kids? I love Sooner football and I've been pretty disappointed over the last 3-4 years about how Stoops has allowed the program to regress. But no matter how hard I try, I just can't get myself to bitch about it every day for years. Life's too short.

SouthFortySooner likes this.
  11. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is it the most important thing in the world that OU win natl titles? No. Our lives will go on.

BUT...That's exactly what we should demand. Look at Bama...down, but hired the right guy. Reeled off 3 out of 4. We should demand t and we will get it. Otherwise we'll end up a has been.

12. olevetonahill

I'll freely say, If we have a season anywhere near what we just had, Ima call for Stoops head louder than CB and TDTW combined. I dont see that happening tho.

13. govols

govols New Member

[​IMG]

14. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What the vol doesn't seem to get is that we had a horrible season last year and yet still demolished his team. So how bad were they?

15. olevetonahill

Well aint you special?

16. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Oh logic eh?

17. govols

govols New Member

18. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Wish I had some Davy Crockett at the Alamo pictures.

19. SouthFortySooner

SouthFortySooner Well-Known Member

May need to be in its own thread, but, I would like to see a discussion on how fans think if "WE" demand changes to the program "WE" get them? I've always considered myself to simply be an entertained observer.

20. govols

govols New Member

There is only one picture from the Alamo and I found it at the Library of Congress

[​IMG]