1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dope Smoking Nephew Experiment Update

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Tear Down This Wall, Jun 15, 2015.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

TDTW is an Arshole
    Dude has been a dick to this nephew from the start!
    Sorry TDTW but maybe you should have Given the Kid a chance instead Of just"Saying your giving him a Shot!"
    It sounds like YOU Have been a Judgmental ArseHole from the start !~

2. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If there's two things I can't stand, it's judgmental people and pot heads.

4. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ha! I see what you did there.

I think.

Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  5. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

I understand fully that Rand, like his dad, has had to tone down his public comments and "shed" the libertarian label for the sake of elections. But, they are what they are: libertarians...and, as full of sh*t as most libertarians.

To me, Rand and his dad are like the Clintons being passed off as "moderates." Like all politicians, they lie to get elected. Rand Paul is no different. He hides what he has to publicly these days.

6. Tear Down This Wall

So, I can send him to your house to smoke dope and eat your food this summer while you give him a paycheck?

7. Tear Down This Wall

We have and are. Sent his home last night to his mom; she sent him back this morning. She's coming up this weekend for the Father's Day/Wife's Birthday thing we have every year.

She's as tired of his sh*t as we are. When he flunks the drug test, she'll pull the plug on his car, insurance, and cell phone, and tell him to go waste his time on his own dime.

So...shortly, it'll be back to waiting table and scratching by in little apartments with his dope smoking buddies from high school - only he'll be footing the bill for everything he does from that point on. We'll see how long that lasts.

I look at this nephew and compare this to my other nephew who also just finished his first year of college. Other nephew is spending the summer living in Taiwan. Last summer, after high school, he was accepted into a State Department program where he lived with a family in China for a couple of months.

That kid is squared away. He's studied Chinese for so long that when he got to college this year, he placed into their upper class level Chinese classes. He wants to work at the State Department or CIA when he graduates.

Two nephews. Both 19. One achieving at a high level, setting and reaching goals; the other p*ssing his time away with dope. Ain't that America.

8. Tear Down This Wall

The upshot to this is - if there is any - is that I have more of a feeling of how Bob Stoops must feel when he gives dope smoking kids a second chance, and they continue to f*ck up anyway.

Crazy. And, some say dope isn't addictive.

9. the_ouskull

the_ouskull Well-Known Member

Stupid IS the new ignorant.

Kids aren't getting enough of the "common sense" education that we got, simply due to not having the deluge of electronic/social distractions that they have. Couple that with the fact that their secondary schooling is no longer teaching students how to think critically, due to the failures of federal/state education mandates like NCLB and Common Core, and yeah... kids are just dumb-as-**** now days.

Ignorance used to have an element of instinct to it; you may not know what you were "supposed" to know, but there was a part of you, somewhere, that at least told you that there was something missing on your end. Now, kids don't have that. If they THINK something, that's enough for them, whether or not what they THINK is actually correct. They have the entirety of the world's accumulated knowledge resting on their f*cking HIP, and still can't be bothered to read any of it.

THAT'S kids now days. Good luck.

the_ouskull

10. Tear Down This Wall

Can't argue with any of that.

11. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, but I still want to hear about how pot isn't a drug. :pop:

12. Tear Down This Wall

Dear Olevet,
    The dope smoking nephew is gone. He's free to live with you for the rest of the summer. All you have to do is give him a paycheck, buy his food, give him a room to play XBox and watch Netflix, and let him smoke up as much as he wants.

I'm not sure if his mama will continue paying for his car, insurance, and cell phone. My guess is, no. But, perhaps you can pick up those expenses for him as well so that he can continue to smoke his dope unabated and free from the stifling confines of reality.

Love,
    TDTW

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Good for you for sticking to your hard line discipline, TDTW. As a mommy of a 3-year-old, it's something I'm still learning how to do.

I wish people knew how much other people depended on them to be mentally and physically able to do what they are 100 percent capable of in a sound state of body and mind... in short, what they're able to do when not on drugs. Then, maybe they would have less of a reason to act so selfish.

I have never been tempted to smoke anything. However, I am quickly dropping every unhealthy habit and picking up every healthy habit I can now that I have a toddler emulating me.

Decades from now, we're sadly going to see the after effects of this new level of high that advanced pot (not the pot of previous generations that's not nearly as potent) that's going around now. Death from eating too many pot brownies in Colorado is just the beginning. JUST SAY NO, people. And I know it makes me the most uncool, old fart to utter those three words.

14. olevetonahill

I replied but guess it dint post oh well. Personally i would have never agreed to take him in the 1st place.
    Im saying that from the appearance of your very 1st post a few months back you had already Judged the kid and found him wanting, But you were going to Give him a chance, My take is you never did give him that chance.But simply set him up to fail.

Have a Nice life and continue to think you have done something noble!

15. Tear Down This Wall

How did I not give him a chance? I kept his marijuana arrest he had a few months ago from his mother. I employed him and offered him a chance to be licensed and learn how to earn a living. All he had to do was pass a drug test on July 1 to prove that he'd quit smoking dope.

He had a chance. He chose dope. I gave the chance to him instead of doing what we normally do - hire an intern from a local college for the summer.

He is now free to smoke ... wherever he ends up after his mom shows him the door. He'll learn the hard way that adults not named Federal Government don't cotton to handing you money and opportunities if you are going to be a dopehead.

16. olevetonahill

Like I say, Not my Monkeys Not my Circus. I dont really care. have a great one.

17. Tear Down This Wall

It's fine. We're at the age where we don't have to be "cool" to 19-year olds. He's old enough to know better. He took all the freebies - car, insurance, clothing, and cell phone from his mom and a job opportunity and place to live from us - and spit on it over dope.

The crazy thing is his attitude. I told him that no matter where he applied to work, they'd drug test him. His response: "That's their problem."

I said, "It's not a problem for them. They'll just hire someone who will take and pass a drug test."

His response: "I'll work somewhere that they don't make you take a drug test."

Me: "Well, good luck with that."

Again, some choose the harder path through life. This nephew is going to be one of them. At his rate of stupidity between the weed and girlfriend he can't live without texting every 43 seconds, he'll likely become an unemployed baby-daddy before he's 21.

And, in his mind, it'll be "That's their problem." Life is so doggone easy when it's always someone else's problem.

18. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

TDTW..yup you DID give him a chance...you had guidelines and he didn't stick to them. That is on HIM.

Good job...

19. Tear Down This Wall

Yes. But, you see the problem - everyone will have guidelines for him no matter where he works. And, this kid just doesn't like them. Well, at the end of the day, just grow up, son.

Because he's flunked out of college, he's going down the path where he'll always have to take jobs that are low skill...and, that drug test before and after hiring.

It's horrifying because this is family. This kid, when he was little, we'd be taking him to Chuck E Cheese, buy him legos and sh*t for his birthday. You know, he was a kid we watched grow up.

Now, he's this insolent 19-year old young man. We know this isn't the way he was raised. Seeing this kid flips my mindset on parenting - it ain't always the parents' fault. This kid had lots of people chipping in for him and watching out for him along the way.

And, a hardworking mother who bent over backwards for that kid for years. Worked nights, weekends, everything so he could do things with the kids his age all the time. A true, hardworking single mom and this is what he thinks it's all about?

20. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I'm sure she still finds a way to blame herself though, sadly. Parents are weird like that.

I googled what jobs didn't have drug testing... and the first return was a weed message board. Sounds like options limited to fast food and retail non-managerial positions. Some have pre-employment ones, but they discussed work around with those... complaining a lot is apparently a solution.

With his zero responsibility other-people's-problems mentality, it is probably best that you cut him loose asap. Drugs are not cheap for regular users and when the only work they can have is minimum wage, they need to make up their shortfall somewhere, whether it's from your wallet or your kid's piggy bank :(