1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elizabeth Warren doesn't think Boston Bomber should get death penalty

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by okie52, Apr 9, 2015.

1. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

2. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I used to be a huge advocate in the death penalty, despite the fact that I'm pretty liberal otherwise. Nowadays, I'm more of an advocate of life without the possibility of parole, with consecutive sentences.

3. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I must have lost my mind since I have been away, agreeing with OleVet on something political.

4. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

Damn. We agree except for that last part. "Very seldom" may be accurate. However, while even once is very, very seldom it is one too many times. Our country has killed innocent people. I have a problem with that. Especially given the fact that some science (i.e. DNA) is getting better and better.

5. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Death does that.

6. okie52

Hah...so you want him "tortured" by living his life behind bars?

Gitmos really not so bad after all?

7. Serenity Now

I'm ambivalent on Gitmo. That's not related to this. Solitary for 80 years would have been a great punishment.

8. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed. Even extremely seldom (which I believe) is enough to give me pause given there is a life sentence alternative.

And then there are states I won't mention (Oklahoma) that even botch the procedure itself. Can't find the vein, get the wrong drugs or in the wrong dose, etc. (Didn't this happen fairly recently?). Many states still have the DP on the books, but have given up on using it due to all the issues involved.

9. okie52

Put firing squads back on the books.

10. okie52

But its not really rehabilitation, is it?

11. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Never understood the "issue" factor. If ya kilt him, then it worked...right?

12. okie52

Well he did have 45 minutes of "torture".

13. Serenity Now

Kind of hard to argue against...

14. Turd_Ferguson

Curious to see if the gassing execution bill get's passed.

15. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yes, but then it gets into the cruel and unusual punishment clause - have to follow your own laws. I'm not morally opposed to the DP, but it just seems to be more hassle than it's worth for the tiny percentage of cases involved. Of course those cases are generally high profile, so it has infotainment value if one considers that real value.

16. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Just clarifying the facts Bro.

17. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You need to review what China did and does to drug dealers in that country. That's why they don't have a drug problem and the resultant prison population problems related to that. My advice to you if you go to China is DO NOT GET CAUGHT WITH DRUGS.

http://theaustralianheroindiaries.blogspot.com/2009/06/mass-executions-how-china-celebrates.html

18. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Well Girl you Have to be Right every now and then!:drunk:

19. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It did.

20. Turd_Ferguson

Fallen signed it?