1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mildcats vs Sooner men

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Feb 14, 2015.

1. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Well, that phantom 3 given the Kitties and the terrible fouls called against Spangler (the last 2) I can directly blame on the homecooked refs.

5-0

2. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Absolutely but will be an underdog against Iowa State and Kansas, Texas will give us all we can handle. You'd hope 19-12 would still get the team in but if they lose to Texas, Kansas and Iowa State along with the 1st round game in the Big 12 that's 10-9 in conference and god forbid we tie it up with Baylor beating us twice.

3. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

I sure hope so but this team scares me. I can see them finishing the last stretch 3-2 or 1-4.

4. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I damn sure will blame the officiating. They took us out of rhythm all night and our best bigs were stuck on the bench in foul trouble.

Its not quite as dire as you make it out to be. Also I see you only show up when there's something negative to say. In my book that makes you a troll.

5. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just go ahead and off yourself now.

6. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

You can blame the refs and call me names doesn't hurt my feelings and things may not be as troublesome as I paint them. I hope I'm wrong and this team hits it's stride.

7. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm sorry, but I'm just going to have to disagree with everything you just said.

37% isn't good, but we're not an offensive team this year, and we held KSU to 26.5% shooting. We could have played better and overcome the horrible officiating, but we played some incredible defense, and were more deserving team tonight. Cut that FT gap from around 20 to 10, let Spangler play, and take away that 3 pointer and we win by about 20.

I don't understand how anybody could say this team doesn't have heart. If this team doesn't have heart, then nobody in the country has heart. In terms of heart, Cousins and Spangler could go up against anybody; even guys like Najera and Price from the Sampson era. Lon might as well be Sampson Jr.

Lastly, this team will go as far as Buddy takes us. Cousins is a great defender, but we know the defense will be there. It's all about how we perform offensively, and Buddy is the key to that.

8. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Listen, we are in the tourney, our RPI and SOS are among the tops in the nation. We just got thru thrashing a #14 ISU team. We just cannot knock off KSU for some damn reason (well horrid refs and lousy 3 pt shooting did us in).

We'll take care of business against our next 3, which leaves us with a trip to Ames and home vs KU.

I'm not concerned about making the dance, I would like to nail down a 5 or 6 seed and head in with some good momentum.

9. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Bingo!

10. Eielson

This team HAS hit it's stride. I feel like you're stuck 6 games ago. We just had a 5 game winning streak which include wins against WVU, OSU, and ISU. Additionally, we've only allowed one team to even score 60 points since the Baylor game. It's entirely possible that we blow up over the next few games, but I'm not sure why you would predict that considering how we've been playing. We're pretty strong favorites over the next 3 games. At ISU is the only game I think we'd be underdogs in right now, and even that's winnable considering the way we thoroughly manhandled them in the second half about a week ago.

11. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The officiating changes everything....if ya get called for touch fouls ya start playing of your guy....the officials definite changed the game. I will grant you it wasn't the only reason...No def rebounds late really hurt....but officiating was huge

12. Temujin

Temujin New Member

This was, by a long shot, the worst officiating I've ever seen start to finish. Those officials should be fired. Had it been called even remotely correctly, we'd have blown GaySU out by 25.

13. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Kansas St is terrible offensively, maybe one of the worst in the country.

OU is 1-5 in games decided by single digits that shows me when crunch time comes they haven't been very successful.

Buddy & a big will get theirs but they are going to need a third and fourth scorer.

Lon is a very good coach but is calm as opposed to fiery, last night the team needed some fire.

14. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

While I agree that week 10 the Big 12 looked like the top conference in college basketball but with Texas dropping off dramatically and only one top 15 team the conference wins are a bit diminished.

15. Eielson

They average 44.0% from the field. That's not great, but it's light-years ahead of 26.5%. Additionally, we only shoot 44.9%, so we're not much better. I know that KSU scored close to their average, but like we've all said, they shot way more FT's than they deserved.

These are the same guys who won nearly every close game last year. Weren't we like 8-2 in games decided by single digits? That wasn't all Cam Clark. Additionally, I think that stat is a bit misleading. The ball hasn't rolled our way in a couple of close games, but we've been a very good second half team. I don't think the fact that we erased a 20 point deficit in the second half of the KU game only to lose by single digits indicates a lack of heart. I also don't think the fact that we beat ISU by 11 eliminates the factor that "heart" played in that comeback win.

Fire doesn't make the ball go in the hole, and it doesn't fix an officiating crew.

16. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

K-State is 240th in scoring at 64ppg, OU is 64th at 72ppg.

All stats are a bit misleading and OU has had a very good season thus far.

I'm hoping for the best just nervous that when the 3 ball isn't dropping this team is in trouble.

17. Eielson

You didn't read my post, did you?

Truth.

18. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Everytime I think I'm creating vMillionaires by encouraging you all to vBet on the Sooners... OU goes and rips the rug out under its fans :(

I know, I know... BIG 12 REFS BURGLEHSJHSKHJKFKJHKSDFHJKSDHF and all... but still... do we really wanna be losing in February at the Octagon of NIT?

19. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm sure I made their meltdown thread if they have one....OU didn't rebound when they needed and kept jacking up 3's and our bigs got pushed around. Oh and the reffin sucked.

20. Eielson

Luckily for you, not many places other than Oklahoma have Badgers.