1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already No love in 2015

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by steveousiu, Jan 13, 2015.

1. steveousiu

steveousiu New Member

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And no apparent reason we should be getting much respect. Lots of questions going into '15; hope that inspires some hunger on the team.

3. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Figures TCU would be up top. Not #1 though.
    I love how he gives 0 f's about the SEC..lol

I thought we would be at least in the top 25, but then again we have a lot of work to do to get better.

4. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what..? NO SEC in the top 7? wow...2 Big 12 teams....

BG12 BG12 BG12...lol.

Honestly, I would rather be lower ranked and surprise some folks after several years of pre-season hype only to drop the ball big time. We shall see....

5. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why would we get any love?
    Lets prove we deserve to set foot on a football field first. Then have that conversation.

6. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

We are likely to lose 4-5 games again next year unless the changes made have an immediate effect, in which case we will still lose 2-3.

7. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

still not as bad as the 90's! ~ I kid

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

We don't deserve any respect, at least not enough to put us on top.

That's a good thing though. The team needs to go into the season with a chip on their shoulder. I'm sure we'll be a top 25 team in the preseason rankings, but I hope it's 18-20, which I think it will be, this team has to earn the respect.

9. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This poll was pretty awful. I'd put money on...

TCU being lower than #1 (not terrible, but why are they rated higher than tOSU?)
    Alabama being higher than #10 (LOLOL)
    USC being lower than #4
    Georgia not winning the SEC
    FSU being A LOT higher than #19 (WTF?)
    OU being rated (not top 5 necessarily, but we'll be top 25)

This poll resembles nothing close to reality.

10. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Inept QB play, poor secondary play, coaches getting fired, etc.

No wonder there's no love. I just keep hoping one of these seasons OU will surprise me in a pleasant way.

11. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I hate pre-season polls. The first poll shouldn't come out until week 6.

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

^this

Im also sick of all the preseason hype and want the team to come out determined and READY to play to win

13. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No reason to be ranked at this point.

14. oudivesherpa

oudivesherpa Well-Known Member

Before the 2014 season, when OU was rated in the top 5 one of the pundits (I think it was Phil Steel) stated that OU usually under achieves when highly rated and over achieves when under rated. Based on the 2015 expectations we should be a top 5 team.

15. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

After that bowl? This is the ranking they deserve.

16. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

In my 48 years of being an OU fan, I've felt we've always done better with that chip on OUr shoulders. Its like the teams that have a high concentration of Oklahoma kids, seem to have that chip on their shOUlders to, try a little harder. Rocky Calmus-type guys.

I don't ever want to be ranked #1 coming into the season. No place to go, but down.

17. REDREX

REDREX New Member

TCU was 4-8 in 2013----They have a good year and now they are world beaters?

18. yankee

yankee New Member

Yes, and rightly so.

The 4-8 season was TCU's first season in the Big XII, and only the second losing season in 14 seasons under Gary Patterson. They've had a recent history of winning and winning a lot of games. I mean, they won the Rose Bowl in 2010 for pete's sake.

19. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

TCU is returning all but I think 3 maybe 4 starters.

20. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Like I said, it's the one I have the least issue with, but I don't understand how you can have them higher than tOSU. tOSU is pretty much in the same boat, except they're the defending national champions. Both teams are bringing back most of their offense, and while both teams have quite a few starters on defense back, the few they lost left big holes.