1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tashawn Thomas

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Spray, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Spray

Spray Well-Known Member

Any word, yet? Thought I saw last week a decision was imminent. Need one of you "in-the-kn-owers" to fill us in. TIA.

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

bump

3. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FWIW Tubbs said last night on the game he seems pretty confident that ncaa will rule "yes"...course I'm sure any OU 80's coach isn't a on the ncaa christmas card list~

4. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Any word on what's got Dante Buford not playing? What little I saw of him in HS he looked like a decent potential replacement for Cam Clark. He didn't take the court in either exhibition game.

5. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

He will not be playing this year. A couple of his classes did not transfer from high school, So he is not even eligible to practice at this point. It is my understanding that he will be eligible to practice in the second semester. This is what really makes the Thomas situation as critical as it is; If he doesn't get that waiver we are really going to be thin inside.

6. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Wow. Bummer. Thanks for the info.

Agree about being thin on the interior, and if we don't get Thomas in there I expect we'll see another year similar to last year. Our biggest problems last year came about because we didn't have enough big guys to rotate in the middle. Not that last year was a bad year, but there were clear limitations with that team.

7. Blue

Fuuuck! I wish our football and bball programs would be good enough not to depend on BS like this.

8. Blue

We'll get an inside game just when we lose all our guards. Just like the football team cant play D when we have an O and vice versa. I'll be glad when one OU team in any sport can put it together.

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Not having Thomas shouldn't really create any major issues (at least until conference play). I just don't get what's taking so damn long.

On another note, Khadeem Lattin is going to be a special player, and should provide enough ability to keep us from missing Thomas...although Thomas' experience and ability would certainly be nice to have.

10. Blue

Lattin looked very small and raw the other night. I'm not counting on him to do too much this year.

11. Blue

ELIGIBLE!!!!!!

Saaaaweeet!

12. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Getting Thomas is HUGE! We're going to be pretty damn good this year!

13. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

His nickname should be.......... The Missing Piece.

5-0