1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kliff Kingsbury's $100,000 Breitling Mulliner Tourbillon is actually a $100 fake.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerPride, Jul 22, 2014.

1. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

2. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think his pecs are implants.

3. auto

auto New Member

My Breitling is real.

4. Aries

Aries Active Member

My Timex is too.

5. SoonerPride

I'm shocked anyone still wears a watch at all.

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

One of the greatest days of my life was when a street salesman rolled up to me in Bangkok and showed a fake Rolex. He then turned it over and popped off the back to show me that INSIDE it was a Seiko. (Of course, I had to assume that it was a fake Seiko, as well). But I knew that I was in the presence of a master salesman. It was a double pump that would have made Jalen Saunders proud.

7. picasso

I've never been a watch guy. I prefer large turquiose rings on every finger.

8. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

+1

9. picasso

Bangkok double pump? I'd keep quiet about that.

10. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As the song goes, "One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble"

And there is virtually nothing I've ever done in Bangkok that I would be inclined to discuss now or at any time in the future. it is, in fact somewhat doubtful that I ever, in fact, travelled to the land of smiles.

11. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I think there's a cream or something available for that now.

12. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.

13. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

I'd think a lot worse of him if he actually dropped 100k on a watch.

14. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

*shrug* It's his money. He can spend it however he likes. I liken watch enthusiasts to sports car enthusiasts or high end coin collectors (where I've dabbled myself).

But trying to recruit by flashing prospective players a super expensive watch? What exact sales pitch are you trying to deliver to get this kid to come to Texas Tech? "Come here and maybe you can have one too..." ????

15. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

we know how much he makes, right?

i'm sure he can handle a $100,000 watch...

was he just wearing it, or talking about it?

16. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good lawd I can't wait for the season to start...these offseason 'news' stories are wretched!

17. SoonerPride

Yes. He could afford it which makes it all the more embarrassing that it's just a knockoff.

He wore it to the media days and a closeup pic hit the twitterverse and then watch aficionados instantly spotted the fake and once again Kingsbury was shown to be a tool.

18. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

Breitlings = too flashy and too much crap on the face imo. It's so busy, it's tough to read at times.

19. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I feel the same way, but my brother loves them. I looked at a couple of Rolex's, but thought they either looked like an old man watch or too flashy. I ended up buying a Tag, but honestly hardly wear it anymore. I've worn a Timex G-Shock for years, but even stopped wearing that.

I'm not much of a jewelry guy anyway.

20. salth2o

salth2o New Member

I have worn a Timex ironman for over 25 years. I would love to have a really nice watch, but just have never made it a priority.