1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorial Green-Beckham Spotted On Campus At Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerPride, Jul 3, 2014.

1. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Dont much care for it , But "In Stoops I Trust"

3. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

On one hand, that means that he'd eligible for a Trevor Knight R-Jr year. Nice target.

On the other, is the guy lockerroom cancer?

In either case, our coaches should make this decision very quickly to avoid frosting WR recruits. I'll go with whatever Bob and Norvell decide; they've got both more and better facts and more skin in this game than I. But, again, the decision needs to come down muy pronto. Like by Monday.

4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yup

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I see all of my gloating about "OU doesn't recruit trash like OSU, nyah nyah one of your players got arrested" going down the drain.

It has been awhile since we've had embarrassing off-field issues. The last one I can think of was our red haired amateur rapper. Gahhhh why can't our offseason just be uniform squabbling and stadium expansion talk

6. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So what was the nasty off campus incident? Arrested for drug possession?

7. SoonerPride

Legal issues

Late on the night of October 3, 2012 Green-Beckham and two other freshman teammates, linebacker Torey Boozer and receiver Levi Copelin, were arrested on drug charges by the University of Missouri police department after the three were found in possession of 35 grams (1.2 oz) or less of marijuana.[21] Green-Beckham and the others were parked in a vehicle south of Memorial Stadium in Columbia at the time of their arrest. Two other unnamed individuals—also Mizzou players—were in the vehicle as well, but were released after police determined they were not involved in the drug possession.[21] After being processed at the campus police station Green-Beckham, Boozer, and Copelin were released on signature summons.[22] In response to the arrest a spokesperson for the MU athletic department said that all five players would be suspended from the next game, October 6 against Vanderbilt. Other disciplinary action may also be taken by the team[21] and handled internally with no additional public comment on the issue.[22] The case was resolved on October 16, 2012 when Green-Beckham entered a guilty plea to a reduced charge of tresspassing in Columbia, Missouri Municipal Court. He was fined $200 plus court costs.[23]

On January 10, 2014 Green-Beckham was again arrested on a drug-related charge.[24] Officials with the Springfield, Missouri police department confirmed the Mizzou star was arrested on suspicion of drug activity and booked into the Greene County, Missouri jail in the early morning hours of January 11th. Police found a pound of marijuana in the car he was riding in.[24] According to the Springfield News-Leader, Green-Beckham was originally arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute following a traffic stop but was later released without charges, pending further investigation.[25] Authorities, citing an ongoing investigation, declined to provide further information on the incident.
    Dismissal

On Friday, April 11, 2014, Dorial Green-Beckham was dismissed from the University of Missouri football team. His dismissal followed his prior drug-related problems and an incident in which he allegedly forced open an apartment door and pushed an 18-year-old woman down several stairs. Green-Beckham was not charged in the incident, with police citing a lack of cooperation from the alleged victim. Head coach Gary Pinkel said in a prepared statement, "This decision was made with the best interests of all involved in mind. Dorial's priority going forward needs to be focusing on getting the help he needs. As we have all along, we will continue to do everything we can to assist Dorial and his family. We care deeply about Dorial and his well-being, but hopefully he can benefit from a fresh start."[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorial_Green-Beckham

TheHumanAlphabet likes this.
  8. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

If they allow him to come he should be on a very short leash. So much so that skipping class or tutor sessions should get his butt booted off the team.

His is very talented but the line needs to be drawn in concrete.

9. SoonerPride

Agree 100%.

We don't need to tarnish our rep for anyone.

Kids should get a second (or third chance) but not unlimited do-overs.

One slip up and buh-bye.

But if he's got his head screwed on straight this time then he could be an awesome addition.

10. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hide the women!

(At least on the upper floors).

11. KantoSooner

nah. In granite.

12. badger

Y'know usually eff ups end up at lesser programs, not better ones.

What message is being sent when a guy goes from a sh!tty Misery crapfest to the best college football program in the country? At least when Cam Newton was scouting out a potential landing spot, he had to spend a year at Blinn College before getting invited back to another SEC program.

13. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Yup. Stoops has earned the benefit of the doubt. I also am confident that if he makes a mistake on DGB, or anyone else for that matter, he won't hesitate to cut the loss and send him packing.

14. badger

Gotta love Cale Gundy:

15. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He'd still have to sit out this season, wouldn't he? I just don't see anyway he suits up for us.

16. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I really don't want him at OU. Being caught with a pound means that you're rolling with a dealer or middle man. I wish pot were legal (no, I don't smoke it), but as it now stands if you're hanging around with the distribution end, you're hanging out with the nefarious. I'm sure Les Miles will give him a shot. Shoving a chick down some stairs sounds very Lawrence Phillips-like.

17. KantoSooner

And the announcement was just made, he's a Sooner, now.
    At least they made the announcement fast.

18. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

19. KantoSooner

The Football Braniacs

20. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

If he enrolls at OU, he would have to sit out a season and be eligible for 2015. The NCAA could grant a waiver and make him eligible to play in 2014. His other options would be to sit out this season and enter the 2015 NFL draft or enroll with a school playing a lower division of football and be eligible in 2014.