1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

August 30th

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by swardboy, Jul 1, 2014.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Could Okie State spring a surprise on Jameis Winston U.? Man, that would put us in a good place down the road.

2. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Not. Going. To. Happen.

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Hope they do, Then Cowboy MR2 er whatever will wanta Bet me again this year LOL

4. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A surprise as in wide open receivers?

5. cvsooner

The only surprise might be OSewe not getting beaten by less than 35 points.

sooneron likes this.
  6. cvsooner

7. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

I hope FSU tears them a new ......

8. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

But, but, it's the Big XII vs the world... LOL

9. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Puff, puff, pass

10. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Probably the best time to play FSU.

11. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And maybe Winston is suspended by then

12. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

Their best bet is to catch Free Shellfish napping.

13. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

This.

IF (and it's a big "if") OSU stands a chance, it's early. I still don't think OSU will stay within 30 of the Noles.

I think after WVU get's taken to the woodshed by Bama and the Pokes get clown punched by FSU, we'll be back to hearing "the Big XII is terrible".

14. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't see why - both teams will be heavy underdogs. WVU has been pretty weak the last couple of years.

I think folks are underestimating the graduation losses FSU had last year. Yes, they have recruited well, but a lot of inexperienced players will have to step up and that can make season openers unpredictable. On the flip side, OSU lost most their experience too, so it's a long shot.

15. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Ya know what? I hope they do. Makes our season finisher impossible for the selection committee to ignore.

16. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe the poke cheerleaders can come through with a few tackles. You know, like tripping ball carriers going down the sidelines.

Piware likes this.
  17. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Most likely ... but its a case of some bad matchups this year. Most likely oSu and WV will lose those games ... Kansas will probably lose to Duke (not that that's a huge game or anything), Texas will be a dog to UCLA, see if Iowa St can do anything against Iowa. On the flip side ... Oklahoma should beat Tennessee pretty good and Tech vs Arkansas and Auburn at Kansas St are really interesting matchups. Very possible the conference can go 2-2 or even 3-1 against the SEC ... and that will give the conference some cred.

18. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

osu can lose every game forever.

19. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

My sentiments exactly, and might as well throw in Texas, too. In fact throw ALL of the Texas schools in that sentiment.

20. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

I don't understand you people. So yes, let our biggest rivals lose all their games forever so it can reflect on us. Nice logic.