1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New special uniforms from Nike

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by cvsooner, Jul 1, 2014.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Was the stellar 2014 recruiting class really won over with the promise of wacky new uniforms?

HELL NO! We beat 'bama!

2. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I missed the 1995 Schnelly unis in the gallery with all of them. Bring back the sleeve stripes!

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

We also lost to Texas and Baylor.

I get what you're saying, but these things matter nowadays (if there is any doubt, head over to SoonerSports and watch the player reaction video). I don't think a recruit would pick OU just for the new alternates (or probably any school for that matter), but having that stuff does help.

4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Also, I think it adds a little excitement for the players for the game week that they wear them. Never know when a little extra emotional charge will make the difference.

5. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

Here's the problem with that. I'm guessing NONE of those guys have experience in any field related to making things look good. They don't design ****, they may occasionally create a pair of shoes on the Nike or adidas site, nothing else. They're football players, that's it.

6. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

meh, the huge collars suck too.

7. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I think the players get a little bit of a boost when they come out with something different on, but that all goes away when the game starts. Just like when we lost to Tech wearing the throw backs, we just played bad football and the uniform had nothing to do with it.

8. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yup

As long as they Got a Lot of White an/or Crimson say SOONERS on em and we wearing em Im ok with whatever they want.

9. JoeR

JoeR Member

Geez, what's next? Maybe crimson turf with the other stadium renovations.
    What ever happened to tradition and pride. Why act like the UO's of the world?

10. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

They're going to look ridiculous if they go all crimson. It'll look like a bunch of red plums running around. K-State used to go full purple with Prince at the helm and they looked like a bunch of grapes.

11. BB37

BB37 Active Member

I give 'em a golf clap.

12. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Got a question fer those who say they hate em. Yall gonna NOT yell yer fool head off when they wearing em?

13. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jesus, you never go full purple.

soonergirlNeugene likes this.
  14. bigfatjerk

bigfatjerk New Member

I kinda like them. I would hate it if we did this like Oregon does it or OSU does things. But having an alternative uniform for a couple games that look similar enough to the traditional uniforms like these do is just fine. I would like to see white helmets with the white road unis too.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Or else you might forget your power towel

16. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

has anyone thought about tie-dye uni's? Oregon could do those for the 2017 season in memory of the Summer of Love - 1967. That'd be sweet.

17. SoonerPride

SoonerPride Collector Emeritus

Lol

18. NASH79

NASH79 New Member

Not that big of a fan of the new unis. Adding a white helmet with a stripe to match the current crismon helmet would have been sufficent. I'll give it a chance.

19. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Not that it matters but don't like the new unis ... nike and Oregon have made a mess of college football with all of this uni stuff. OU is a college football elite ... it doesn't need these kid of gimics.

20. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

I just hope they don't put a schooner on the butt of the uniform, like OSU has Pistol Pete on theirs! UGH! I will have to BOO! uniforms, and that just doesn't make any sense. Also, please not all red like Nebraska came out in, they looked like they were playing in long-johns!