1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official NFL Combine Jibba Jabba***

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by stoops the eternal pimp, Feb 21, 2014.

1. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've forgotten how old Ware is. Isn't he kind of in the twilight of his career?

2. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think I read that he is 31.

3. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

younger than I thought.

4. With them moving to the 4-3, it was a matter of time..The dumb thing is the Cowboys knew they were making this move...They could have traded him last season.

5. Good news on the local front, Corey Nelson will do the full workout at OU's pro day tomorrow..

6. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

I think the Cowboys were hopeful that they could get Ware to take a pay cut to keep him in a Cowboys uniform, but I can't blame him for saying no to that and I can't blame the Cowboys from needing to move on. Ware's productivity/health has waivered a lot the past few seasons and that makes it tough when he's your highest paid defensive player.

Cowboys habits of restructuring deals or signing guys to long term deals only to cut the and have dead money pile up has hurt them almost as much as their failures/misses on draft picks.

This move is good for both sides. Cowboys free up space to maybe add multiple guys and Ware can get on with on board with another team to try and make more money in his few remaining years of being an effective player.

7. Just for fun
    2014 salary for San Francisco QBs. Colin Kaepernick: $973,000. Blaine Gabbert: $2,010,000

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I learned today that Damien Williams WILL be at OU's pro day tomorrow.

Thought this was the best place to put that info.

9. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's insane that Rams guard Roger Saffold got five years/$42mm/$20mm guaranteed!! From Oakland!!! He's an injury waiting to happen.

10. Thanks...He created some buzz with the good shape he showed up in at the combine, the size, and the time he ran.. But it's a terrible year to be a RB in the draft or FA

11. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

More pro day updates here. Mostly twitter photos, but something

It's been this way for awhile hasn't it

12. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

13. Darrell Revis officially on the market.

14. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's unreal. He played guard last year. We signed Jake Long for comparable last year.

15. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

Looks like he's joining the Broncos.

16. 8timechamps

Yep, although I think we overpaid (3 year/$30 million, $20 million guaranteed). He could have gotten more elsewhere, so it sounds like he knows this is probably his last shot at a ring.

17. 8timechamps

Any rumblings about where he may end up?

What's the deal with DBs anymore, it seems like guys reach a certain level, then fade away (seems like Revis is heading that way, and it wasn't that long ago that Prince Amukamara was in the same boat)?

18. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He signed with the pats. What makes it the awesome is that not only do they get a better corner but they also get a third round compensatory pick

19. Eielson

Disgusting.

20. Eielson

I think Revis is still at an elite level, he just had a 16M contract that had no money guaranteed. That's a lot even if he is the best.

Do mean Nnamdi Asomugha?