1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU @ KU: Act II

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by 8timechamps, Feb 24, 2014.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Gave the Jayhawks everything they wanted in Norman earlier in the season...hope our boys can do the same tonight.

I know enough to never assume a win/loss, but I'm not going to be surprised if we drop this one. That said, the remainder of the schedule is very winnable. We're playing for a seed now.

2. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yep. Kinda lookin forward to sitting down and watchin this one. 20 years since our last win there? Crazy

3. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

A win in Lawrence would certainly pad the OU resume but a loss isn't a party killer either. A win is a longshot but isn't an impossibility.

4. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

not lookin good early, course not watching..on gametracker.

sure ALL my jayhawk fans are just waiting to blow my phone up...honestly I would expect ku to beat us and even pretty decent. Like OU playing ksu in football, OU will win much more than note so not too "excited" about it.

5. Soonerjeepman

keeping it close...

6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Turned it on when it was 15-4. Needless to say, I'm pleased with what I've seen. KU fans are stunned right now.

7. Eielson

Love all the running. Impressed we don't have a turnover yet despite the pace.

8. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Neither team shooting very well, having said that, will need to do better than 35% from the field to win this one. Taking care of the ball is good tho!

9. Eielson

This is starting to wreak of the last one. Outplayed them for most of the half, and then let them go on a run at the end of the half.

10. Sooner95

Crap. We play well then they go on a run to close the half....

11. Eielson

Not happy with the end, but it was a good half. We only had 3 turnovers, and 2 of those were missed fouls on Embiid. The fact that Embiid has no fouls right now is a joke. He should be almost fouled out by now.

12. Soonerjeepman

sure they are not stunned now. We went from up 4 to down 9 in about 2 min.

13. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Crap final 3 mins. From tied to down 9 in a heartbeat.

14. Sooner95

Should be a rule we go to KU 2nd game of the conf season just to get it over with..lol

15. Soonerjeepman

yup...sucks to live up here...lol

16. Sooner95

Nice, come out in the 2nd half and punch them right back!

17. Eielson

I'm almost in awe at how much influence Embiid has defensively. I sure hope he goes pro after this year. If any GM is even debating who they want at #1, they should be fired.

18. Eielson

I guess Embiid can get fouls called on him. Only on offense, though.

19. Eielson

Spoke too soon. Gets away with a force out, then gets a phantom call for a three point play. Might have to turn this game off for a little bit.

20. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Thank you Neal. Way to take a charge. The KU shots were so freaking terrible that series that they kept getting offensive rebounds off the bricks.