1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013-14 College basketball meltdowns

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 13, 2013.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

+1

It's gotten so bad at the NBA level that I gave up watching. The thing is, it's not that the calls being made are any worse, it's the selective players the calls are being made on that has gotten worse.

Basketball officiating may be the toughest sport to call, because so many of the calls are judgment calls.

2. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It would be easy for me. Just view it like a pickup game where you call your own fouls.
    What bothers me more than anything is the extra step they get now on most pivot moves.
    That stuff used to require skill and timing, now you just take another step and you're out of trouble.

3. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Extend and widen the court. With so much congestion in the paint it's dang near impossible to see what's goin on with all those 5 ft limbs flying around.

4. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

There should be plenty of material from Booger Pickens State boards now! I just looked on GoPokes.com and they are calling for TF's head, NOW!

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Just like footba...oh wait
    Baylor 76, osu 70
    [​IMG]
    PS: yes I know how our game ended yesterday. misery loves company and i absolutely love the meltdown company i keep here in our little big 12...
    badger: OU actually beat OSU on the women's side on a game that started about the same time this one did
    up next: rock chalk whorn b1tch ku

6. badger

ut 81, ku 69
    [​IMG]
    No, I don't feel like showing a highlight shot of texas triumph, so you all get a women's soccer photo instead!
    badger: OK, so my Internet is now on load-load-never-stop-loading mode. Did any of their language filter tricks actually work? If not, you're all going to see a lot of weird star patterns.
    if this was tl; dr, in a nutshell, KU is bitter, making ref excuses and insulting UT to make themselves feel better about losing. boo hoo

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  7. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

..."Stephen Clark, 19, was arrested at 12:46 a.m. on a complaint of outraging public decency. Police said they received a call about a man urinating out of a vehicle window. He was released from the Stillwater City Jail a few hours later after posting bond, a jailer said."

...that is all

ss

8. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

Did the Poke Nation also meltdown over the women's basketball loss in Norman yesterday? They might not realize that it's been since '98 that they won in Norman. And, OU has won 28 of the last 31 Bedlam women's hoops meetings.

9. badger

No, they didn't melt down over the women's loss, sadly, but they are up to 9 pages on this TMZ topic, and since it's Poke, let's have fun at their expense...
    TMZ: NCAA Basketball Star Stevie Clark -- URINE TROUBLE ... Arrested for Peeing Out of Moving Vehicle
    [​IMG]
    "NCAA Basketball Star?" That's a stretch, TMZ. He averages only 16 mins per game as a backup guard. Here's a link to their thing. And now, OP...
    It appears that Clark is done, if you believe reporters on twitter, and that Ford will address it later today. It was highly difficult choosing the best meltdown post in this one, but because it caught me off guard but made me smile, I choose moose. :stunned:

Now, please dear lawrd don't let Stevie's bro choose OU like mama wants him to. LSU is the way to go! Chant SEC daily to be sure!

10. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

Dumb Aggie. I know that's redundant, but I had to say it anyway.

11. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

no doubt...don't need him

12. picasso

Why do we say this? Guilty be association?

13. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hope deondre does come here and restores the family name. If he whips out his wiener we can always send him to metoyer

14. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

just his tweet about the SOONER basketball fans counting his steps when he fouled out in OU-OSU...dude has thin skin. I'm really trying to figure out what he actually thought was going to happen. I understand it's his brother, but tweeting what he did...bullcrap. Go to lsu.

I would actually understand if it was something really personal but good grief...our fans are so "out of it" they do the oldest chant...lol

15. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

I wasn't even aware there was any public decency in Stillwater to begin with.

16. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

...would have been interesting had this happened under the Sutton regime...being that Eddie was busted for basically the same thing

...someone needs to install some porta-potties around stoolwater

ss

17. picasso

Nah, Eddie was on a nature walk and whizzed in the local school shubbery.
    On a side note, I witnessed a future Sooner all league safety moon a long line of people at the Stillwater movie theater, from our Legion baseball coaches Travel All in the summer of '84.
    It was a good one.

18. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

Sheep are exempt from public decency laws.

19. badger

OK guys, I'm glad we're all having fun here, but let's get back to meltdowns, shall we?
    OSU honors Eddie by losing in triple overtime at home to ISU
    [​IMG]
    (going into triple overtime...)
    I probably could have done twice as much but I'm starting to get bored for the Pokes losing and having bad stuff happening to them... but then again, since it really doesn't get old, I hope you all will welcome our resident Poke back when he makes his next appearance, complete with new avatar, profile and sig line. Don't give him too much grief --- it's worse than last year's and is pure n00b bait as always

20. badger

**** baylor for beating our women on Monday. On that note...

**** Baylor 52, **** Kansas 69
    [​IMG]