1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red bird tornadoes VS SOONERS...men

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

like to see CC drive more..he's hesitating

2. shytnik

shytnik New Member

Agree and that hesitation is just enough to throw off his shot.

3. Soonerjeepman

interesting...

4. Soonerjeepman

THAT was CC...

5. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Hard to drive inside against this zone. Quick passes around the horn will work.

6. Soonerjeepman

pass to the high post..find a spot.

7. shytnik

shytnik New Member

That's why you work it inside passing. But you're right, so far it's working.

8. Soonerjeepman

Woodard is driving..finding the seams

QUIT shooting BOOKER....

9. Soonerjeepman

nice pass...great finish

10. Soonerjeepman

I like Booker, but he needs to realize he's about the 4th option to score out there. especially after the first pass.

11. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If Booker starts passing up open 3's, he needs to be benched. That's what he's out there for.

12. Eielson

For those wanting less 3's...

18 points on 15 3's
    14 points on 17 2's

13. Soonerjeepman

couple of poor decisions...not sure about no foul on isu and one on us. But Woodard has to be smarter.

14. Soonerjeepman

I don't see him as that open..after the first pass with the other guys out there he's not the first option.

15. Eielson

Atrocious end. Eerily similar to the KU first half finish. Huge opportunity blown.

16. Soonerjeepman

just like the announcer said...we are playing really well, isu not so much and we are tied. Just not a big live and die by the 3 guy.

17. Soonerjeepman

lol...I was going to say that but figured I'd get blasted for not "believing"....

18. shytnik

shytnik New Member

That finish is why we are calling for less three's, you miss a few and with the total lack of a whistle we are getting, suddenly it's a tie game. Early we were shooting well against KU then cooled off and it cost us. We are shooting 37.5% from 3 and 42% from 2. It's just a higher percentage shot to get some points, and going inside with the contact will force the zebras to make some calls in our favor. 18 points off 3's and 18 points off 2's. 0 fouls called on 3 point shots.

19. Eielson

I'm disappointed, but I still believe. If we win only give up 1 offensive rebound in the second half and win the turnover battle again, we'll win comfortably.

20. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

We are doing some things better. Defensively we generated a little more pressure but still getting beat off the dribble 25 feet from the bucket. Good news is we are not giving up second chance shots. Bad news is they are shooting good enough from the floor isn't hasn't hurt them.