1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the game reports?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by winout, Jan 3, 2014.

1. winout

winout New Member

Anyone who was physically at the Sugar Bowl can you give us a report? Crowd percentages, environment,etc...

2. TheUnnamedSooner

TheUnnamedSooner Well-Known Member

Great environment. Bama outnumbered OU fans, but we were loud. For most part bama fans were classy even after the game.

3. 5noubus

5noubus New Member

There were sooo many more bama fans! I sat in the bama end zone that had Ou and bama fans.
    All the bama fans were classy - arrogant but nice the whole time in New Orleans .
    When we returned from the game one bama fan made a special trip to congratulate us and Tell how good knight and striker are.
    They played jump around that was fun.
    I had great seats and got to see Peterson , Toby Keith and said hey to Loadholt , Kenny stills
    Josh
    Probably the most fun game I've been to .
    Lots of great pics I'll try to put them on here when I get back

4. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Lots of Tide fans. If I were to guess, I'd say about 65/35 Tide fans.

I've been to the Sugar Bowl in the past (twice), and there is no doubt this was the most fun I've had (the outcome had a lot to do with it). It's been a long time since I've seen our sideline pumped up like they were (for the whole game).

There were quite a few Bama fans in our immediate area, and all were very respectful. Although, a section over, there were a couple of loudmouth Tide fans trying to stir the pot. But, I'm sure there were a few Sooner fans like that too.

5. oupride

oupride New Member

Thanks for the post.

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i was surrounded by OU fans, and pretty low, so it was a little hard to tell the mix

they seemed louder though

i didn't really interact with many of them much at all. i didn't really mind all the tiger bait stuff the last time though. the LSU fans were everywhere and really wanted to talk. the Bama fans kinda kept to themselves

7. 5noubus

5noubus New Member

One funny thing I forgot to mention is an encounter with a bama fan.- she again was super nice - assured me it wasn't that big of deal that we won since her daughter won't start there until next year.
    While talking about the game she did make sure to point out that they did score FIRST. Umm, ya got the ball first....

8. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

You Did Point out that WE scored LAST dint you? :very_drunk:

SanJoaquinSooner likes this.
  9. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

That's pretty much the exact report I got from my uncle.

10. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think 8time has it about right on the crowd split.

I didn't have as much interaction with Bama fans as others since I wasn't staying down in the Quarter, but the Bama fans that I did meet and talk to were good folks. All in all, just seemed like a bunch of people enjoying a good party and college football.