1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 in Bowls

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerjeepman, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Guess I'm maybe in the minority..I'd like to see the Big 12 do well
    Started right, ksu got the win over the big10.

Where I'm at I hope the pokes beat tigers. Got family that are pokes, tired of the sec crap, and it'd be sweet up here in kc for that to happen.

Guess the only team I could care less about is horns...but if they won I'd be okay with that.

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

it seems like a lot of our matchups are with higher ranked teams

doesn't bode well for the bowl record...

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Always like to see the XII do well in bowls. Our conference needs to boost its rep. We're not the new Big East, but we've dropped from 1A in perception to somewhere in the lower half. Makes a big difference in recruiting.

4. Soonerjeepman

yes on both...hopefully the league can prove them wrong. It definitely would help the overall perception.

5. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

I "certainly" wanna see the Big 12 teams kick the SEC teams! :cool:

6. shytnik

shytnik New Member

This is very true, we don't have many favorable match ups. And if you look at the SEC schools nearly every one of them has a favorable match up, which will just continue the love fest.

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1 conference loss I want for sure, is those orange aggy guys from up there at the Stool. Even if it is to those Sooner haters from mizry.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

I don't know. A bowl win would kinda make their loss to us just sting that much more :)

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

it's about recruiting to me, too. i contend that if our neighbors look like sh*t in their bowls, it gives us a better chance of landing their prized recruits, rather than that bowl loser, conference neighbor.:excitement:

10. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

The Fighting Snyders got us off to a good start.

11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

those Locketts should be Sooners, instead of godforsaken town wildcats.

12. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

I will be cheering for all the Big 12 teams including Texas, and Oklahoma St. Big 12 bowl performance could be the difference in OU making the playoffs next year.

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Point taken, but I would prefer better recruiting for OU. Humper aggy at least, needs to come up short.

14. TXBOOMER

TXBOOMER New Member

DITTO! I'm an OU fan, not a Big 12 conference fan. That conference fan BS started with loser SEC schools trying to bandwagon on the strong schools in their conference.

15. Soonerjeepman

lol...nope. Guess I see it different...if the teams we beat, beat a higher ranked team that makes OU/Big 12 look better. Obviously I hope OU wins, now...if OU loses do I want other teams to win...not really but until OU plays I'm for the Big 12 winning.

Recruits between OU and osu are not going to make a decision based on one game...so for them to win a bowl is not a biggie.

16. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

I would agree. Any win over the sec is good. I really could care less is Texass beat Oregon tho..

17. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I could care less about Big 12 bowl record vs other conferences, I think it is pointless and doesn't prove anything. I want texas and osu to lose, I want OU to win. Other than that, ill pull for the Big 12

Temujin likes this.
  18. Soonerjeepman

it's all about location....

being in KC..all I hear is mu and the mighty sec how grand they are..(.I know if you live south the pokes will b a$$es if they win)...hence I'd rather see osu over mu

19. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nicely said

20. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

War {Big 12/Whorns}. Hope Oregon smokes the whorns. Hope all other Big 12 teams win.

Edit: My hoping paid big dividends this evening.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013