1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU should crush T. Tech...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Oct 24, 2013.

1. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Depends on the definition of "crush". We don't have the offense to put up big points, but I agree this should be a good matchup for us. So if we win by 7+ its, let's say we crushed them.

2. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

These next two games are a chance for JH and one Mr. Blake Bell to prove everyone wrong- plain and simple! What is sad is that no matter what happens in those two games, we still need UTerus to lose twice just to win the conference (even though I think Baylor destroys them and OSU or Tech does as well). What I hope is that sits under the crawl of the entire Coaching staff, players, recruits, and everyone in the program, much like the ND game did last year. One game where you let your guard down will cost you big!

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Didn't you hear? Ties! It starts with the letter "T," as does "trophy!" And "t-shirt!"

OU: 2012 Big 12 football Champions!*

* F--- everything about ties

4. UteSooner

UteSooner New Member

Texas will not win the conference (even a share of it). I can see them dropping their last 4....@WV, OSU, TT, @Baylor...they will lose AT LEAST 2 of those. They aren't suddenly good because we sucked against them.

TT won't win it either with @OU, OSU, KSU, Baylor, @Texas left.

I still think it's between OU and Baylor. Baylor favored of course, but even their schedule is wicked backloaded. They played High School teams in nonconference and their first 4 conference games are against the current 4 worst teams in the Big 12 standings.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  5. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

Despite TCU's bad offense, I could see Texas losing that game at TCU even with the bye week. Texas spent the entire off-season and the ISU and KSU games working on the OU game and are probably still celebrating that win instead of getting ready for TCU. TCU's defense can put the hurt on Texas' offense to make that game interesting.

6. ObiKaTony

ObiKaTony New Member

I've seen our offense and I have very little confidence that we can make this or any game a blow out. Ou wins by a thin margin not barring any mistakes

7. ObiKaTony

ObiKaTony New Member

Not because of personnel, because of coaching...

8. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Not only the defense, but Boykin is a running threat like crazy who can throw the deep ball. I don't think TCU will make the same mistake we did; key for them is to get over the first half woes that have plagued them all season. Plus, reportedly Casey Pachall will be back...which could make for an even better passing threat. I suspect Texas had its one shot at playing really well and did so against us--I foresee them losing this game.

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Since we're evenly matched and they're undefeated and all, there really is nothing left except trash talking to do at this point. Therefore, I suggest we assemble every mean and nasty thing we can think of regarding Texas Tech, Lubbock, Red Raiders, etc and think them to send negative vibes toward Kliff's bouquet of pansies.

Come on people... spill it. What are the worst things you can remember about TT

10. LesNessman

LesNessman New Member

Tech could have easily lost to TCU. H-Frogs got royally ripped on a punt return TD called back (bogus fair catch call) early 4thQ. No way that was a fair catch signal. Big momentum change at home and would have tied it at 10 all.

TCU did score on that possession, but that big play momentum could have been a game changer.

11. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

Our weakness is our running right at our defensive front, but, TT can't run the ball on anyone so we should be OK there. I don't think there D is very good so we will be able to score. How much is the question.

12. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yes. We should be dominate!

13. BoulderSooner79

TT players cut the crust off their PB&J sandwiches!

14. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Boy, I missed this one. Ouch.

15. BoulderSooner79

Altogether now: "We crushed them."

16. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Phew barely hit that 7+

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

This Tech team is not like the Tech teams of old. The ones that blew through their easy games, then fell apart when they faced the decent teams. This Tech team will have a chance in every game they play the rest of the way.

Their defense is not very good...not horrible either, but their offense is solid. Whenever a coach is willing to throw the ball 50+ times a game (with a QB that can complete passes), then points will be scored.

18. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I admit it was a non-crush...