1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay Kool Aid drinkers...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Curly Bill, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

....put your spin on this one for me will ya!

2. Curly Bill

Seriously, what do we take positive from this?

3. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good D in second half...highlight play by Grissom...Ford played more...we have won 3 out of the last 4...sun will rise tomorrow...

4. Mike needs Brent..Brent needs Mike.

5. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

The high expectation of failure made texas fans sell their seats, making them have to watch it in replay? Mack is safe for another decade? Shaggy's redo of MS Paint should make him happy?

I got nothin'.

6. Curly Bill

I'll go with defense not being a huge problem - they weren't great, but I don't think they lost it for us. I think Ford is gonna be the real deal, but will we ride him, or is he gonna get 4-5 carries a game so we can utilize everybody and no one get into a rhythm?

And I know the sun will rise tomorrow, though they are predicting rain. This just puts us back on pace to be the team most of us thought we'd be coming into the year, and that's an average to good team with 3-4 losses when it's all said and done.

7. Curly Bill

Unless Brent can call offense I don't want him back!

8. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

We were beaten in every phase. We are better than we showed today but we mush have better QB play and front D play.

9. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

It showed me that having Rip, Millard, Ford, and Bell in the backfield can make for a very effective run attack, even in the absence of any legitimate passing threat. Now, if Heup will just leave them on the field ...

10. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's a good thing everyone spent so much energy worrying about whether Quincy Russell would make it in or not.

11. dossett5

dossett5 New Member

I completely agree!! The finger pointing at Huepel is misdirected. Bob needs to go back to the type of offense that can control the game. The offense he ran when he was called big game Bob. Making room for his brother because he couldn't win games as a head coach has hurt tremendously look how many points were put on the board by Texas. The same old hurry up let's make a mistake and play sloppy is the problem. Also when we get inside the twenty we make a mental errors 90 percent of the time and settle for field goals. I could tell we were not ready to play after the 1st series on both sides of the ball.

12. Curly Bill

Dumb!!! Don't forget 14 of those points came off of a pick-6 and a punt return TD. The defense wasn't great today, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was before Mike came back!

13. dossett5

dossett5 New Member

Getting beat is always hard to swallow but getting beat by Texas is something that stays with me all season. I know many will disagree with this but playing in Texas every year is a disadvantage.

14. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I still like this team. It is what we expected (or maybe what I expected). It's a transition team that was picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference before the season started and that's the way they have looked in all 3 conference games so far. I was amazed folks here started worrying about how we were ranked just because we have managed to win so far. We did not look at all dominate against WVU, TCU and now the horns. And ND was a nice win, but they are an unranked team. But I do like this team and the way they play and I expect them to bounce back and improve as the season goes on. If not, I'll be disappointed.

15. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Funny how people only trot that out when Texas beats us. We kicked them around the last 3 years and no one said anything about the game being in Texas.

16. Curly Bill

I think this largely comes down to QB play, and that is a scary proposition for this team.

17. Curly Bill

Yup, no biggie. Dallas is closer to Norman than it is Austin, crowd split 50-50, it's not the location.

18. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No doubt. Bell did not win the job and the guy that did is not ready for the big stage. It will be interesting to see if the coaches go back to TK or give Thompson a shot. We would be a much better team if we were settled at QB, but still not national contender good.

19. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

...and a longer drive this year (around 5 hours) according to some friends driving up.

20. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

Can't get it done without a good passing attack.