1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metoyer hurt?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by tanis143, Oct 6, 2013.

1. tanis143

tanis143 New Member

Watching the game last night the announcers mentioned that Metoyer wasn't suited up either. Any news on this or was it just the idiotic ramblings of the announcers? If he didn't play I just figured Stoops knew TCU's secondary wouldn't give him room and held him out from potential injury. Right now Phillips is probably back in for next week, Nelson is out for the season, anyone else we are missing?

2. JiminyChristmas

JiminyChristmas New Member

Dealing with personal issues is what Coach Norvell said. Gave no details.

3. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Al said Friday he was having grade issues for whatever that's worth.

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Sounds like he may be done.

5. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, this has all the earmarks of someone who's just done with it all. Very disappointing. I'm glad we have a good backlog of quality receivers.

6. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

He had GPA issues before coming to OU. Hope he manages to get it together.

7. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

There's a lot going on with this kid.

If grades are an issue, and I know he may not be the smartest guy on the team, I wonder where his head is right now. He was pretty disappointed in his performance last year, and seemed to really make some strides in the off season. Then, he apparently isn't playing well enough to see the field. So, I wonder if he's mentally motivated to stick around. Sometimes, guys just aren't able to make it at the collegiate level. I hope he's not one of them.

8. tanis143

tanis143 New Member

Ah ok. That makes sense as I saw no injury report on him. It sucks, but you know, wearing the OU uniform is not a right, its a hard earned privilege. You have to show your want to be a OU football player not only on the field, but in the classroom. I hope he gets it together, but I agree that we have a strong cadre of WR's behind him.

8timechamps likes this.
  9. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

I think Al is just making things up again because he wants listeners to think he still has program access and he doesn't mind disparaging a kid's reputation to do it.

The coaches don't usually call anything 'personal issues' unless it truly is personal. I believe missing class or bad grades is more likely to be explained as violation of team rules or disciplinary reasons. I'm certainly not going to base my opinion of anyone on Al or Trabore, so I think I'll wait for the real story to come out in a few weeks or months like it usually does.

10. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Home sick maybe?

11. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

He won't be with the team in Dallas this weekend either.

12. 70sooner

70sooner High Plains Drifter

somewhere, can't remember where, sickle cell anemia was brought up, but I don't know if that is true or not.

13. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

I think that 'rumor' was started about J. Phillips. As Jay Norvell said in regards to Metoyer..."Going to college and playing football is not easy...he has some personal issues and we hope he gets them worked out". Probably best we leave it at that...

14. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No, I think we should make sh*t up. Hope he puts it together; we have 2 senior starters this season.

15. odontia

odontia New Member

We should at least give him the props he deserves......Against Texas, he did make a catch on third and long on our very first drive last year. It was a very crucial first down. From there we went on and scored and scored and scored.

16. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Durron Neal looks like he's coming on.

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Agree, it's only fun to make sh*t up that doesn't negatively impact anyone. Mack Brown brushes his teeth with butter? Sure. Speculation on why Trey is gone that likely isn't true? Not cool.

Whatever the "personal" issues are, I hope Trey gets things worked out. College football only lasts 4 years (or 6 if you're Jason White). Getting an education will last a lifetime.

18. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He seems like a genuinely good guy. Whatever is/will go down, I hope it works out for the best for him.

19. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

He is "taking a break" from football at OU for the immediate future.

I don't know if that means he is still in school, and just taking a break from football, or if he is taking a break from it all. I hope he gets though whatever it is he's going through, seems like a good guy.

I still contend that Durron Neal will end up being the best WR out of Missouri in his class (which included DGB).

20. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

This also gives a shot to Derrick Woods, who is just about a clone for Metoyer. Just pray he gets things resolved.