1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners in NFL training camps photos & info

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by badger, May 7, 2013.

1. BieberFever

BieberFever New Member

thanks for popping in and amazing us with the obvious..

2. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Yeah, I think it's going to be a battle between toon and stills, but to me there two different type of receivers.

Toon is like Colston and Stills is like a L-Mo..

Either way it doesn't matter who is the #3 spot. #4 will get playing time in this offense and with Payton back. Its guaranteed.

WHO DAT!!!!

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

A few good spots for Landry late in the game (I think he played most, if not all, of the second half, was the third QB in for Steelers). I was worried initially when they seemed to only have him hand off the ball

5. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sammy B. is completing 65% of his preseason passes, and has a QB rating of 125. His one fumbled snap and the overthrow of a wide-open Tavon Austin for a sure td aside, he'll be just fine. I've especially noticed a greater mobility in the pocket to buy time and make the completion. If this follows through to the regular season, look out 4,000 yards.

6. badger

Trent Williams (71) in pregame yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chris Chester snuck into this one (66, on the right):
    [​IMG]
    Landry Jones (3):
    [​IMG]
    (it was attached to this NFL.com video)
    [​IMG]
    Didn't see any Justin Brown (Steelers receiver)

7. badger

By the way... (all times Oklahoma time)

Right now: NFL rosters can have up to 90 players

3 p.m. Aug. 27: NFL rosters can have up to 75 players

5 p.m. Aug. 31: NFL rosters at 53 players; Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

11 a.m. Sept. 1: NFL rosters can have up to 8 players on their practice squads*.

Sept 5, 8, 9: First week of NFL season!

*Practice squad: Free agents who do not have an accrued season of free agency credit or who were on the 46-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Seasons. A player cannot serve on the Practice Squad for more than three seasons.

In other words, the week of the turk in underway

8. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great list!!!

9. badger

Thursday night NFL Sooner watch (all times Oklahoma):

6:30 p.m. Patriots at Lions
    Sooners (all on Lions roster): Ronnell Lewis (#50), Ryan Broyles (#84), Ronnell Lewis (#97)
    Check NFL Network for live wraparound coverage tonight, as well as later rebroadcasts. Appears to only be local TV for the entire game live.

7 p.m. on ESPN: Panthers and Ravens
    Sooners (all on Panthers roster): Casey Walker (#74), Frank Alexander (#90)

I can't believe the Ravens are Soonerless now :(

10. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i dont think Broyles has played yet.....whats the update on his injury recovery?

11. badger

Did not practice yesterday, per this. Maybe we'll see him on the sideline, I guess :)

12. aj44mc

aj44mc Member

13. Collier11

I want all of the OU guys to make a roster, but for some reason I am REALLY pulling for TJ

14. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Broyles is running with the 2s tonight because the Lions wanted to have a better look at one of their other receivers who isn't a lock to make the team.

15. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I heard Gruden do a little gushing over Frank Alexander for the Panthers.

16. Collier11

I think he is safe, had a decent rookie year for a late rd pick

17. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

Broyles had 2 catches last night - 32ish yards

18. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

he might have played 3 series at the most. his second catch was a bit high thrown, but then again Kellen Moore was the QB at that point.

19. badger

I am not bitter about the Fiesta Bowl at all (they had a different QB then anyways) but there are very few things about Bois Estate that you can say with a straight face, but I will try:

"Kellen Moore's continuous winning at Boise State merited his Heisman finalist status."

:p:D:);)

20. badger

Sadly, couldn't find any Sooner NFL photos from last night's game. Think they would have gotten RB back from injury or Frank, after all the times Gruden mentioned him :)

Tonight:
    7 p.m. on CBS: Seattle at Green Bay
    No Sooners are on either roster, but tune in second half to see Graham Harrell/Vince Young look terrible. Seriously, I will scream if Aaron Rodgers has to leave the game for one snap this coming season.

9 p.m. on NFL Network: Bears at Raiders
    Sooner Bears: Cory Brandon (76), Demontre Hurts (30) and Tress Way (1)
    Sooner Raiders: Keenan Clayton (57), Stacy McGee (92), Reggie Smith (36)

Anyone have any info on those six guys?