1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So SF down to less than 10 posters?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by okie52, Jul 17, 2013.

1. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

A lot still havnt been able to get back on for what ever reason.

But I heard Dean was gonna give Amnesty to All when he gets back from where ever that should fix the problem :cocksure:

3. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I'm sure some were lost for good but I think most will slowly come back.

The fact that they were hacked is a little concerning. This brings up one thing I think is important. When registering with sites like this where you give them an email address and password, never use the same password as you use with your email address. I'm assuming Phil is an upstanding guy but if you did that you give him access to your email if he wasn't. In addition, I'm assuming he stores a hash of your password not the password itself but I don't trust every site to be smart about that.

Seems obvious but considering we all have about 100 accounts spread between personal and work so it's almost impossible to not repeat passwords - especially when some systems require frequent password updates.

That last part is something that irritates me to no end. Security guys at work think they're being secure by making you change your passwords for X, Y, and Z every couple of weeks but really what they're doing is forcing the employees to write their password down (or at best store them in an encrypted password file). Very few people can remember 20 unique passwords that have to be very secure and reset every few weeks. If I ever go back and get a PhD in computer security this is going to be my thesis.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. OU68

OU68 New Member

The other irritating thing is the different requirements by different sites - 8 characters with number & letter, 8 characters with symbol, number, letter, etc., etc. The net has to go to phrase passwords - almost impossible to crack, and you could use the same thing for every site.

5. FirstandGoal

FirstandGoal New Member

This is extremely annoying! Where I work, they require I update my password every quarter. In addition to that, it has to be at least 8 characters, have alpha and numeric characters and at least 2 of the characters have to be in caps, thus making the whole thing case-sensitive. Luckily for me, I figured out after the first password change that you can go up to 10 characters in the password so now I just add a number to the end of the thing and I can leave it the same. So now all I will do is flip it between no number and one number and I'll be good...

6. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Some are still in jail from the Trayvon protests.

7. olevetonahill

I just got out,

8. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wouldn't bet too much on amnesty....quite the circus going on in LT

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Is what it is, and it's still offseason :)

10. olevetonahill

I wouldnt really know. Did hear that Dean was gonna Unbaine/Debaine/some shat like that,most all of em.

11. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think he gave his word.

12. olevetonahill

maybe so but you know how those ****ing Deans lie.

13. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They are pounding his azz....but he holding his own even though the pack smells blood....

14. olevetonahill

Heh, I think he just misses a Good Fight.

15. setem

setem DTF

I am a mod over there! HAHA! I merged the SF threads. I will ban you all!

16. olevetonahill

You little bastard you Caint bain ME. I aint never joined up. Just skimmed that thread a few times. Prolly wont ever go back over again unless SF goes down again.

17. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I know I haven't seen soonercruiser for months...banned or just decided to leave?

18. olevetonahill

Dont think he was bained, maybe just went away as some have done over the years.

19. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

this is neat explanation of password strength:

[​IMG]

and yeah, restrictions to the point where people just put a PostIt on their monitor is too much.

20. setem

setem DTF

You know I was kidding about the banning right?

Mjcpr likes this.