1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show your aquarium

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by deweydw, Jun 12, 2013.

1. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

Post some pics of your aquariums. Here are mine. On the left is the 55 gal and 20 gal on the right.

[​IMG]

The 20 gal with sand and canistor filter. Also with vinyl black backing. I have the vinyl on the 55 gal as well.

[​IMG]

2. deweydw

Water added and waiting for the ammonia and nitrate levels to come down. Then it will be ready for fish.

[​IMG]

3. deweydw

Fish added with some petrified wood rocks I bought on our trip to Tempe Arizona.

[​IMG]

4. deweydw

Here are the fish...

High Fin Corydoras.

[​IMG]

Blue Rams and Gold Rams.

[​IMG]

And a bunch of Cardinal Tetras.

[​IMG]

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Can ya eat em?

6. deweydw

I'll get some pics of the 55 gal later. In that tank I have 2 Silver Dollars, 2 Congo Tetras, 2 Gouramies, 2 Red Shoulder Severums, 1 Spike Head Pleco, and 1 Clown Loach.

I would like to try and build an acrylic tank one day. Oh, and one of my favorite shows is Tanked.

7. deweydw

LOL!! They would only be a light snack. Yea, no.

8. olevetonahill

:wink:

9. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

which one is Wanda?

10. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Don't be poor, go saltwater.

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

one day i'd do this.

all the cool stuff lives in saltwater

12. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I've seen some really nice freshwater tanks too. It's all about fish selection. Of course, saltwater is where the colorful fish and cool sharks live, so that's tough to beat. Isn't upkeep on a saltwater tank a pain in the *** though? I'm flying to keep my dog walked, I'd probably kill saltwater fish in record numbers.

13. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Know how I know you're gay?

14. Jammin'

Jammin' Well-Known Member

I was really hoping one of you would have something exotic.

15. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

i dont like to brag........but

[​IMG]

16. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And goldfish are extremely difficult to keep alive. They've gotten more sensitive to water conditions than the ones we had growing up.

17. olevetonahill

I keep mine in the toilet bowl. Makes it easier to get rid of em after they die.

18. deweydw

I would like to do a saltwater tank. But it is very expensive. And you have to keep up with it almost every day. The filtration is what so expensive. The wet and dry filtration, protien skimmer, UV sterlization. Among other types of filtration. And then if you want to go full living reef saltwater. That gets even more expensive. A 100-200 gal saltwater could cost up to a couple grand.

I do need the UV sterlizer for my tanks though. It keeps algea from growing.

19. deweydw

The thing about goldfish. Once you have them, you can't put any other fish with them. They put out a toxin in their waste that would kill other types of fish.

20. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

That's what I figured. I had a guy come into my office last year trying to sell me on a saltwater tank. I don't remember all of the details, other than it was going to be a monthly fee that I remember being high. They do look good though.