1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Scare is Almost Behind Us.

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by sappstuf, Jun 7, 2013.

1. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thousands of meteorologist and climatogist are being PAID to look for any evidence of AGW. These same scientist also program the predictive models based upon their theory of how things should work. Despite their claims of objectivity in programming, there's no possible way they can avoid programming their bias as their careers depend on proving AGW exist.

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

it's cool. we can just live in cities like Bejing

[​IMG]

3. pphilfran

pphilfran SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The old scare tactic...

http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/IEDIndex3.cfm?tid=90&pid=44&aid=8

You do realize US CO2 emissions are down by 10% since 2007....in fact we are back to 1997 levels...

China, on the other hand, has increased it's CO2 emissions by 40% since 2007 - more than doubled since 2003...in fact, China currently emits 40% more than the US...

4. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

What does that picture have to do with CO2 causing global warming?

Oh, oh... Is that mask he is wearing a new CO2 self-sequestration device?

5. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Better not question the "party of science".

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

regardless of global warming, maybe CO2 emissions/environmental concerns are valid. i'm presenting an example of what the hands off approach gets you.

7. okie52

Not so much hands off as a country of 1.5 billion people packed in an area smaller than the US.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

the whole country isn't like that

9. okie52

Its on its way.

China and India are building a coal fired plant every week. Overpopulation is more of an AGW problem than CO2

10. pphilfran

Hands off? It seems to me the US is doing well...

How do you suggest we handle China and India?

If we eliminated all of our CO2 emissions it will take China and India less then 8 years to grow their emission by that amount....

Since 1997

US down by 1.56%
    World up 41.37%
    China up 178.46%
    India up 101.59%

Since 2007
    US down 8.89%
    World up 9.57%
    China up 37.76%
    India up 26.32%
    France down 11.52
    Germany down 9.46%
    UK down 12.83
    But we are the bad guys that haven't done ****...

11. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'm not sure what you are saying.

the same people that want global warming to not be real are complaining about controls on CO2 emissions and government regulations. most of it from the propaganda machine that wants everyone buying bigger SUVs to use more of their gas, if i had to guess.

find me some "skeptics" that don't have their pockets lined by big oil, and i'd be pretty surprised

12. pphilfran

yermom, the way I see it...

We have a real nice NG breakthrough that can help bridge over to electric and ultimately fuel cell vehicles...Electrics, at a minimum, need a doubling of capacity at half the cost...that is going to take time...electrics best times are going to be 10-25 years from now...I expect fuel cells to be viable within 20 years of so...

13. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i feel like we are having two different conversations

14. pphilfran

Controls on CO2 emissions? Yee old carbon tax? "Clean Coal"?

Get the government on board with NG and NG fueled vehicles and fueling stations...DC should be leading the charge on moving some transportation over to NG...they haven't made much more than a token effort.....but of course NG is dirty so some view it as unfavorable...but it will reduce emissions significantly...lower costs to the consumer ( though we should expect some increase in price due to increased demand)...keep US money from flowing overseas...create high paying US jobs....

But all we get out of DC is that token effort...

15. pphilfran

Hell, I'm a skeptic...but I could also be wrong so I tend to hedge my bets....

There are draconian ways to lower emissions...the big baseball bat n the form of a carbon tax....high cost Clean Cola and it's CO2 capture and storage...wind and solar that are still outrageously expensive...all add to costs going forward...forever...

Or,

Use a little sweetener and help push NG filling stations....push NG exploration...a little up front cash and the economy reaps lower costs for a couple of decades...

I would expect both to have similar CO2 reduction results...

Now which do you choose?

If CO2 is a major contributor how should we handle China and India...they single handedly are destroying the world...what should we do?

16. pphilfran

We have a gift horse prancing around in the US...10 years ago no one in their right mind really envisioned what was about to happen...

We have the opportunity to lower fuel costs going forward...we have to opportunity to lower emissions moving forward...we need 20 years out of NG....then (with an overlap) 20-25 years out of electrics...then fuel cells far out into the future....

17. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

CO2 isn't the cause of the picture you posted of smog. It has nothing to do with it. That would be other compounds like ground-level ozone, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide.

Your example is nothing more than a sleight of hand trick..

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  18. OU68

OU68 New Member

DC ignoring NG is the biggest travesty of this administration.

19. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

At least that will make Bloomberg happy . . .

Harry Beanbag likes this.
  20. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

way to miss the point.