1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those Low-Level IRS Employees in Cincinnati Sure Were Tricky

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by sappstuf, May 29, 2013.

1. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

If you believe the White House's story then they must have forged all of those signatures, got letterhead from difference offices around the country including Washington DC.

Or.... There was a systemic targeting of conservative groups.

2. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There is, quite simply, no effing way this thing wasn't orchestrated at the head quarters level of either the IRS, the Treasury Dept or the White House.
    And, if that's so, then it might be a good idea to subpoena the credit card records of the staff involved there and try to determine who they were lunching and dining with...because I sincerely doubt that anyone in the IRS or Treasury came up with this little brainstorm all by their lonesome.
    It rather has the pungent aroma of Rahm about it.

3. diverdog

diverdog New Member

I am not sure this will be as bad as it looks. It appears a lot of these groups were setting up 501 C 4 for political activity. My guess is that the set up of all the Tea Party
    501 C 4 were directed and they were poorly informed on how to run them. This looks like a boiler plate set up and form and get these groups active. If I were testifying before Congress I would go on the offense and tell them they created this nightmare and now they need to fix it.

I think this article has it right:

http://business.time.com/2013/05/14...ny-political-groups-should-not-be-tax-exempt/

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I love the smell of scandal in the morning. Keeps the Obammies busy defending themselves and gives em less time to ruin the country more than they already have. And if we can impeach someone or throw someone in jail so much the better!

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh.

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"It smells like......victory."

One of the greatest movie lines of all time.

7. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

It is hard to go on the offense when pleading the 5th... Lerner was the first, she won't be the last.

8. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Everything in that quote seems pretty formulaic. The return address is probably the same for any request of this type.

9. diverdog

diverdog New Member

What will be hidden is that many of these organization were skirting the tax code. I would be willing to bet that 3/4 of them are political in nature and should be denied tax exempt status. It is really to bad the American people do not understand Citizens United and 501 C 4 organizations. We have created a way for corporations and billionaires to corrupt the political process.

10. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can only imagine the screaming from you dd if the parties being routinely denied and harassed were (D) instead.

11. diverdog

diverdog New Member

I do not care which party this happened to. The use of this code as a way to secretly funnel tax exempt money into campaigns needs to stop. 501 C 4 status is meant for community activities. Anything that is remotely related to elections should be funneled through PACs and the names of all donors revealed to the public. These Tea Party 501 C 4's are being used to get people elected and should have been denied from the get go.

FYI one of the 501 C 3's I helped form, a land conservation trust, took more than two years to form and we had to answer tons of questions. There is a legitimate concern on the partof the IRS that C3 and C4 organization can be used to evade taxes.

12. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

You mean following the tax code correct? The AP looked at the Tea Party organizations and found that the median annual cash flow through these organizations was $16.5K... That is it.

These were not corporations and billionaires... They were truly grassroots organizations.

13. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Good grief... Blindly defending the IRS. Read the story.

The IRS has already admitted wrongdoing in specifically targeting Tea Party groups. That fact is not in debate. What is in debate is that the IRS claimed that only low-level employees in the Cincinnati office were doing this. What the NBC story shows, is that is a lie.

Another thing the White House has to explain is that from 2010 to 2011 the IRS commissioner visited the White House 118 times. In contrast, the IRS commissioner for Bush visited the White House exactly once in 4 years. Obama's commissioner claimed in testimony that he could not remember why he went to the White House or what was talked about. Those are also facts.

Any sensible adult knows he is lying and that he knows why he was there. It is just a matter of when something pops up that proves it. When it does, expect the 5th to be taken yet again.

It does beg the question of why the head of a supposed apolitical organization would go to one of the most political places on the planet 118 times at the same time enemies of the administration were specifically targeted by that apolitical organization.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  14. diverdog

diverdog New Member

It doesn't matter. They were involved in politics. Also weren't there something like 3500 of these request?

15. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

501 c(4)s can be involved in politics so long as it's voter education only. When they do what, for example, Al Gerhart of the Sooner Tea Party allegedly did and actually lobby legislators to act against UN Agenda 21, that's not something 501c(4)s are allowed to do. It stands to reason that anything with "Tea Party" in the name deserves a second look. I'm guessing not many of you have experience setting up not for profit corporations. It's a pain. I've seen even setting up a Bass fishing club as a 501c(3) to be a difficult process. It is said that the IRS trains its noobs in the not-for-profit applications department and I believe it.

16. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

You are right. The IRS was involved in politics and that should never happen.

The IRS admitted to 90 or so.. The press has uncovered about 300.

17. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That must explain why dozens of "progressive groups" were approved in less than a year with zero liberal groups coming forward with proof of inappropriate and invasive questions and not being sent through.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/irs-tea-party-progressive-groups/2158831/

18. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Ya gotta Love when the Idiot Libs try to Spin and Deflect. According to Them. The IRS and Obammy's bunch did nothing wrong, It was the fault of those groups.

Kinda Like a Rape defense" I wouldnt have raped her, If she hadnt been wearing that short skirt" :bi_polo:

19. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lies and Obfuscation from the most corrupt administration ever!

20. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

1. We do, in major point of fact, need to abolish the concept that tax-exempt organizations can be involved in politics to any degree. Along with getting corporations out of politics.

2. Obama and/or his top handlers used a threaded fastener on the canine. Sorry, fellow liberals. Instead of defending the authoritarian centrist, start working to get an actual liberal elected.