1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Boz gets snubbed by hall of fame

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Mazeppa, May 7, 2013.

1. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ONLY two time Butkus winner in college!

2. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

While I agree Boz belongs,he is hardly the worst case of oversight.Paul Burris OU 3 time All American 1947,1848,1949 is an egregious omission as is Tom Catlin 2 time All American in 1951, `1952(Ironically he was LB coach at Seattle when Boz was drafted, later became DC).

3. Moore

Moore New Member

The boz would sack your a$$

4. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

dante jones was a helluva LB in the okie 5-2......to me, he was part of what made "the boz" great.

dante used to post on some of the old timey sooner boards. back when there was phil and sooner times was their second board, and those old guys from the real old days.

big fan of dante.

5. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Yes, he won the first two Butkus awards.

Other than Derrick Thomas or Lawrence Taylor, Boz was the best COLLEGIATE player at his position that I'VE ever seen play the game and his stupid t-shirt stunt at the '87 Orange Bowl is the only reason he's not already in the CFHOF.

6. redkid

redkid New Member

Boz was a punk Brian was a good student and great LB.

7. CobraKai

CobraKai New Member

Dante still posts over at LandThieves. He was a great player. I think Boz will get in eventually. As previously mentioned, you can't tell the story of college football without the Boz. He is one of the best, and most colorful characters to ever play college football.