1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America ( N Tulsa makes the list)

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by ouwasp, May 1, 2013.

1. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

3. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

Im shocked that Chicago only has 4.

4. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Been to #23 once... pulled off of I-40 nearly out of gas at about 3 AM. Had a rock of crystal meth offered to me by a disgusting looking creature within seconds of starting to fill up. I then had an individual ask me for $5 since he just got out of jail. Then we spied a rather large group of young men headed towards us. I pulled the gas nozzle out of my car, spraying gas all over the place, got everyone in the car and got out of there as individuals from the group actually put their hands on my car...it was kind of like a zombie attack.

It was there where I figured out for the first time that there really are folks out there with absolutely no hope or even an understanding about what it takes to survive in the real world. They operate as criminals and welfare recipients because that's all they know or will ever know. No one bothered to teach them that work can lead to a better life. I firmly believe that if the social "safety net," which might as well be called social services culture was ever pulled out from under these folks, they would be faced with the choice of starving vs. stealing/crime in order to eat. If you saw that strung out lady who offered me the crystal meth or the group of youths approaching us, there's not one of 'em I could see employable in any capacity at all.

Not trying to inject politics here, but I'm not sure whether these folks are deserving of compassion, loathing, or getting money thrown at them by the middle/upper classes in an act of self-preservation, or some combination of the three.

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I've spoken to residents of that area of Tulsa. They don't feel safe, but they don't be so unsafe that they are going to stop living there. A majority of residents are law abiding citizen. Some of these residents have ties to people that don't give a sh!t about the law or the rights of others to, you know, live and own stuff without it being taken away by others.

I would venture to guess that a majority of severe crimes in these areas are committed by the cowardly drive bys that enter to commit crimes, then run as fast as they can in the opposite direction, rather than own up to what they've done. Residents of the area don't do severe sh!t where they live, or they'd have to live with it, so to speak.

That's not to say that the residents are innocent bystanders. Some do smaller crimes (doing or dealing drugs, burglaries, assault) which leads to larger crimes committed by others out of selfish interests or revenge.

6. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

They obviously haven't been to Honolulu

7. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ain't no gas stations open at 3 a.m. at Crump and I-240.

8. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

9. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

There was a MapCo, and this was over 10 years ago.

10. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

If the miscreants that make these neighborhoods unfit for decent people were offered one-way bus tickets to, say, Oakland... I wonder how many would take advantage of the offer? And I wonder how long it would take Oakland to reciprocate? Oakland or Miami seem to be good relocation spots for these subjects because they are a long way from Oklahoma!

11. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

I imagine a lot of 'em are in subsidized housing and can't afford to get on the months or years long waiting lists they probably have in Oakland.

12. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The neighborhood in Tulsa that made the list has three govt ghetto-plexes, the only real "shopping" area still in North Tulsa, plus the old "chicken shack" joint, Wilson's BBQ, and a convenience store. On top of that Washington HS/Football field/fieldhouse is also in that neighborhood.

All of these things tend to result in a lot of police calls, and they happen to be on all in one pretty small area. For instance, a fight at Washington HS or a murder at the Chicken Shack on Sat night have nothing to do with the neighborhood, but get included. People show up there to use the phone, etc and skew the stats. Very unusual to have that many call-magnets in one beat. If you avoid the ghetto-plexes, the area is no worse than any other, and actually has some of the quieter, more stable streets in North Tulsa.

Anyone remember Banfield's grocery, and the other places around Pine/Peoria many years ago? Way more active then.

13. Taxman71

Taxman71 New Member

How did the athletic dorms in Stillwater not make this list?

Flagstaffsooner and ouwasp like this.
  14. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I read an article this morning how a mental institution in Nevada was buying one-way bus tickets for its patients to out-of-state locations at which the patients had no family ties or living history.

The mental institution got in trouble for this.

15. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

Can't be a valid list. Mostly runs from MI down to houston. Except for memphis & so car.

What about south central la.

oakland

DC

16. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My dad and I got kinda lost in Oakland in '97. Pickup with Ok tags! Believe or not a nice gentleman gave us directions. Lots of boarded up businesses and stares from drug dealer sports cars.

17. CobraKai

CobraKai New Member

Any list without any neighborhoods in Compton, Crenshaw or Watts, CA has some flawed calculations.

18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

North Tulsa wasn't that bad until Dewey became Mayor.

19. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

North Tulsa was bad well before Bartlett became mayor.

20. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You're ****in kiddin right?