1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athlons big 12 qb rankings 2013

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Mazeppa, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

2. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

David Ash being higher than #8 means this list is dead to me.

3. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

This list is not good.

4. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

I warned you it was Athlons.

5. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did I just read that we have an excellent line?

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

To be fair, the Big 12 quarterbacks are really hard to rank. Other than David Ashhole, who else has had any semblance of full season playing time?

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gee, doesn't Kansas have former Neuter Dame QB's?

8. SicEmBaylor

They make bleacher report look legit.

9. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

LOL at Chelf. He won't even be OSU's #1 come fall.

10. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

Crist is gone, their new QB is a BYU transfer.

11. badger

J.W. Walsh and Wes Lunt? Or is there another trio of QBs that you all can rely on when every last one of those get injured (again)? :stunned:

12. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU New Member

I have a dollar here for whoever can correctly predict the Big XII's best QB right now. I sure as hell can't. Bell is going to have a chance, but so will a half-dozen other guys.

13. SicEmBaylor

Pachall #1 and Bell #2 respectively. I'd put Petty at #4 or 5. The rest is beyond my ability to guess.

14. badger

The "best" will be determined early-on based on early season hype, so therefore, the best determinant might be... the non-conference schedules:

Therefore, I rank the schools systems...um, I mean QUARTERBACKS, as follows:

1: Baylor: Wofford, Buffalo, Louisiana-Monroe
    2: Kansas State: North Dakota State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Massachusetts
    3: West Virginia: William & Mary, Georgia State, vs. Maryland
    4: Texas Tech: at SMU, Stephen F. Austin, Texas State
    5: Kansas: South Dakota, at Rice, Louisiana Tech

Everyone else at least has one name opponent (with TCU and OU sharing the "omg you have big balls" award for scheduling LSU and Notre Dame), while these five are sure to rack up 500+ yards for their QBs to Heisman things up... before reality sinks in come conference time.

There is a lot to disrespect there... but if you're trying to build some QB confidence (and hype), woot woot!

15. SicEmBaylor

To be fair, we're only playing Wofford because SMU backed out at the last minute a few months ago. We had to scramble to find a replacement.

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'll bet ISUs Sam Richardson makes the Top 5 this year.

17. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ash' most telling stat, he is the most experienced (in terms of total playing time) of the lot and is rated below one guy who started half a season and OUr qb who played an average of 6 snaps/game.

18. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

Chelf at #1? Are you kidding me? It is either Paschall or Bell...end of story

19. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I dunno,based on what I saw of the Cowpuke qbs,I think Chelf is #1. Going purely by what the potential is I would say the list isn't so bad at least at the beginning of the season.I do agree Ash is way too high.I also don't think the list will be the same at year;s end,too many unknowns.