1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will that Little Tin Pot dictator in N Korea really try to start something?

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by olevetonahill, Mar 28, 2013.

1. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what country are you talking about?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    cleller and Blue like this.
  2. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There are approx 30000 stationed there, so, yeah, a million man army
    would do damage short term. Keep in mind that we have a carrier battle
    group within striking range stationed in the South China sea, along with
    bombers from several directions only a few hours away with massive
    capabilities (e.g. a 15 ton conventional bunker buster bomb). So, the
    point about oldest military staff is valid, even though the north wasn't
    carpet bombed. Truth is, IMO, Kim Jong Un just wants attention and
    running his mouth is how he gets it. I think he figures if he is noisy then
    he'll get more aid to humor him....

3. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

[​IMG]

Blue likes this.
  4. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

He needs to be died....!

5. diverdog

diverdog New Member

I think I read they have 30 days of fuel. After that they are walking.

6. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

a guy at work asked me what I thought about Kim Jong Un...

Answer: Third Generation Dumbazz

Everybody knows NK rattles the sword more than Iran and Israel put together. High odds that, yet once again, NOTHING will happen.

The curveball is if some lower ranking NK (or maybe even SK) officer sees an opportunity that he just cannot pass up. Then, who knows. What is there on the entire Korean peninsula that's worth an American serviceman dying in combat over? Except maybe another US serviceman/woman.

7. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A tended fire is less dangerous than an unattended one.

8. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I'm sure I'm being too rational with this...

From what I understand, Un's position is somewhat more tenuous than his father's. If that's the case then don't empty threats just undermine his power? If he is going to threaten and get the military hyped up and then not follow through on anything then it would stand to reason his position would further weaken.

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Our Dear Leader can whoop their Dear leader in a game of Sumo Basketball, played on the deck of a sinking ship. May the most tyrant win!

10. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rut-roh, our resident genius has painted you with an attachment stupid card, while at the same time offering up a bit of Keynesian Light. Accept the put-down, and show proper respect..

11. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

Small world.....I'm in Seoul right now visiting.....it seems stuff always flares up when I visit here yet nothing happened when I was stationed here.

He'd have to be bat-shiat crazy to actually fire on Seoul. There are probably +10,000 russian and/or chinese nationals living and working in that city. Not to mention the 1,000s from almost every other major country. Talking about pissing alot of people off around the world.

12. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

That is the fear. He has painted himself in a corner and has to act in someway. I expect a NK patrol boat will take a couple shots at something.

13. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I generally like your posts Kanto and I'm not fan of Keynesianism, but you went a little off the reservation with this one. Comparing Keynes' economics to anything going on in NK is way off. Keynes believed you used gov't fiscal policy to stimulate the private sector. In NK there is no private sector, besides an underground one.

14. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2 years after the truce was signed.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I know that austin, tejas was on the hit list, but since this is north korea we're talking about,, they'll aim for texas and hit oklahoma.

Dammit, and after the state finally got some good rain, too. Well, nice internet-knowing you all.

All of u that survive BETTER not move to california again this time around :mad:

16. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Anyone in the OKC area hear anything on the E-6's out at Tinker? They deploying at all?

17. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'd answer that but then I'd be aiding and abetting...

You never know which one of us is logging in from Pyongyang.

18. LittleElmSooner

LittleElmSooner New Member

You know, I just don't get it. We're really in a no-win situation here. I mean, think about it. Here in the good 'ol USA, if you threaten to kick someone's a$$, you get arrested nowdays. Threaten to kill someone, and you get locked up. Make a threat against the POTUS, and you go to Gitmo never to see the light of day again.

Now you have a country who constantly threatens to kill millions of people and noone does anything. I know, sanctions, right? Obviously not working. I don't know what the answer is. I'm not for another war..... We don't need that right now. But, crap, can we afford to sit around and do nothing while the NKs are working around the clock to miniaturize the nuclear payloads and develop long range deployment methods? The answer seems to be "Don't worry about it. They can't hit mainland US yet". What happens when they can?

It's time for the UN (as totally f'ing worthless as it is) to step up and do something significant for once.

These bastages are really beginning to **** me off.

19. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

[​IMG]

Damn women...

20. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Haha ... I'm logging in from Austin ... the furtherst thing from Pyongy.... hmmmm ... wait a minute. ;)

Just curious ... given their capabilities and role it would say something about where the U.S. is in all of this.