1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The KING OF LIES Diverts Blame on Sequestration

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by soonercruiser, Feb 19, 2013.

1. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

I'm gonna puke if I see one more photo op of Obummer speaking with a bunch of his lemming peeps behind him on the stage.
    He is the person responsible for the Sequestration Bill.
    In 2011, he even threatened that he would veto any attempt to stop the automatic spending cuts.

And now, he wants to blame Congress and the Republicans for the hardships that occur as a result of Sequestration???
    Unbelievable LIES, from the KING OF LIES!
    This amount of lying, and the drive-by media supporting him is simply EVIL!

Here is a CBS video of him speaking in November 2011, saying he will not allow the automatic spending cuts to be stopped!
    ......at about 3:35 of this video......

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/president-obama-threatens-veto-any-changes

2. Sooner5030

Sooner5030 Well-Known Member

he's a politician......what did you expect?

The herd will not hold him accountable because we still have bread and circuses....at least for now.

3. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Aren't these the kind of cuts you righties have been asking for on this board?

4. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This stuff is getting so old. Every few months a new set of crises, and nothing ever really resolved. No sign of leadership anywhere. Yes, the Congress is awful, but don't we expect a president to take some responsibility? Can he ever get anything done?

5. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

It is rather amusing to hear from Obama all the bad stuff that will happen if sequestration goes through....

WHY DID YOU SIGN IT INTO LAW THEN DUMBA$$!

[YOUTUBE]Yh-C0srPmZ0[/YOUTUBE]

6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Well, except the military cuts. We wouldn't want those.

7. diverdog

diverdog New Member

They are all guilty. I think only two in the house voted against the bill. They are all dumbasses.

8. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Be only one is being completely disingenuous about it. The only question that should be asked by the press is why he signed it into law. It will never be asked.

9. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As far as I can tell, the only items absolutely "off the table" (according to Boehner) are some tax reforms that the Republicans seemed to favor 2 months ago. On March 1, when I stand to lose probably 20% of my income so the Donald Trumps of the nation can keep a few special tax breaks, I'll know exactly who to blame. Yeah, sequestration was a bad idea, but mainly because it presumed the right-wing-nuts of the GOP would behave rationally instead of using it to screw the general population and the economy in the name of their bizarre ideological purity. It takes a lot of sophistry to blame the Prez for the intransigence of what is in effect a fanatical GOP minority. Fortunately, the population as a whole is smarter than the brainwashed cadre that posts the right wing cant on this board. Only those who are already indoctrinated and lobotomized in the right wing echo chamber will buy what the GOP is selling. But I waste my time here. Carry on.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    hawaii 5-0 likes this.
  10. cleller

^^

In the interest of equal time: for an alternate perspective you may change the text of the above post to read "left" in place of "right" and transpose "president" with "GOP".

11. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Nope, I agree.

Also, keep in mind, the Republican House voted for this. Boehner voted for it... heck, he helped negotiate it as a poison pill designed to force his own hand later. The first person to say the sequester was going to happen publicly was none other than Republican Rand Paul.

Spin, spin away right wing bubblers, this one falls squarely on your boys 'n girls.

It also proves what sane people have been saying for a long time--spending grows the economy, cuts will contract it. That's a rather common sense argument, but a lot of these morons think you can grow the economy through spending cuts... and I guess magic and fairy dust?

TUSooner likes this.
  12. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yep, bring them on. I suspect, however, that you lefties will be whining a lot harder than the righties about the cuts once they actually take place.

13. FaninAma

Really? There are several minutes of video of Obama in November of 2011 that would disprove your assertion.

And if government spending grows the economy Greece and the rest of Europe should be the economic beacon to the world. Hell, the US is borrowing 46 cents of every dollar we spend. The GDP should be growing at a 5% clip. What.....the last quarter GDP was negative? Get out of here.....according to Mid that can't possibly be correct.

LOL.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  14. diverdog

diverdog New Member

My one and only concern is that it will trigger a recession.

15. FaninAma

TU, it is so disingenous to claim taxing the Donald Trump's of the world more is going to bring the deficit under control.

There is a monster debt bubble created by irrespopnsible Fed policies and government spending. The government isn't going to get us out of the mess they created. Obama is just trying to stall the inevitable outcome until he is out of office.

16. FaninAma

So will higher taxes. We are already seeing the effects of the SS withholding rate going back up.

17. cleller

It may already be here. Wouldn't that be ironic?

18. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Looks like we'll get to test your theory that cuts will grow the economy soon. Of course the Army has already stated that if the sequester goes into effect, they will cut 300,000 jobs. That's just one employment source.

I'm sure those jobs will be replaced by fairy dust and rainbows and everything will be fine.

19. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The fairy dust and rainbows are what we're experiencing now. More than a trillion dollars in deficit spending for 4 straight years resulting in less than 2% GDP growth and calling it a "recovery."

Oh, oh...don't stop spending, it'll cause a recession!! So ****ing stupid it actually boggles the mind.

As one poster said a few months ago...if it's 5AM, you're drunk as hell and don't want to experience a hangover, you can just keep drinking...

20. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

True or false.. we stop spending and a recession happens. I just want to get you bubblers on the record so that if the sequestration does happen, I can come back and point out what a bunch of ignorant efftards you are about the economy.