1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leach lawsuit gets dismissed!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by hvhurricane, Feb 5, 2013.

1. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

3. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Probably more of a moral stand than anything. I'm betting Leach's law degree probably gave him some insight into his actual chances.
    I'd vote for him. What's he running for again?

4. rainiersooner

rainiersooner New Member

I wouldn't celebrate that...the very fact that a legislature passed a statue that grants its state's institutions immunity from legal action should trouble anyone interested in keeping government abuse in check.

5. rainiersooner

rainiersooner New Member

That would make him a lot smarter about the law than anyone else I went to law school with who never actually practiced law!

6. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

Yep. I'm betting Leach knew his chances of getting anywhere were about 50/50. But all the disclosure showed just how screwed over he was and was a black eye for Taco Tech, the AD, and Craig James, which is exactly what he wanted.

7. rainiersooner

rainiersooner New Member

Especially Craig James.

Who last time I checked is no longer an ESPN commentator, not US congressman.

Ha! Pirates win!!!!

8. picasso

hah! Good point.

9. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I heard a rumor that Craig James killed five hookers when he was at SMU. Just a rumor, tho...

10. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

soonerhubs likes this.
  11. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

Who cares what Leach does. He was only here for one season, and we were 7-5. He hasn't won a title anywhere, and he never will.

His routine is old and his coaching scheme isn't novel anymore. It will be amazing if he lasts three seasons at Wazzu.

He'll end up coaching a DIII program like his mentor Hal Mumme before it's all said and done.

12. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I admit to still caring. I would probably get tired of him if he was losing and being gimmicky here, or if he beat us annually at a conference rival, but now that he's safety tucked away on the Idaho-Washington border, it's fun to watch and read from a distance.

13. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

It is not like the Pirate had anything to do with James leaving ESPN. That was just a stupid decision on his part.

14. picasso

He's the guy that brought Josh Heupel here and the offense that won us a NC. The offense that everyone and their dog is running these days in some shape or form.

That's all.

15. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

You've got that backwards. Sovereign immunity applies unless the state affirmatively disavows it.

16. Boomer Mooner

Boomer Mooner New Member

I'm a Leach fan and think he was totally jobbed by Tech. He owns the best records they ever had and they fire him just before he's supposed to get his bonus. Fire him for putting James in a closet, and later James admits it was a joke and the coaches specifically told him to stay out the closet. Whether you like him or not, he got hosed by Tech.