1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benghazi Security: Grossly Inadequate

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by sappstuf, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's fine. The fact remains that the POTUS' NSA was presented the "Clarke Memo" in January of 2001: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147/clarke memo.pdf and she chose not to do anything about it.

I suppose it's up to you to decide if you think she failed to do her job.

2. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

You are trying to equate the 9/11 attacks that even the author of the memo says would in no way stopped 9/11 with what happened in Benghazi??

Good grief.

Try harder.

3. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

4. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm trying to point out that regardless of who's in charge, the idea of a systemic failure in a government as massive as ours is a real thing. You were ready to burn Hillary at the stake over systemic failures but were having a hard time admitting that situations such as these are real and they happen regardless of who's minding the store.

5. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

THIS^^^^
    Page 11 of the Washington Post!

6. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

Typical Alinskyian response!

[​IMG]

7. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

[​IMG]

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Typical MEGS consist of a few detachments. In a situation like Libya, I'm surprised there wasn't at least that many (25-30 Marines). That would have been more than enough to buy time until evac.

9. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

I read an interesting story that said the attackers consisted of 3 12-man teams. 2 teams actually attacked the compound with the 3rd in reserve for attacking reinforcements that never came.

I say interesting because I read it as a sort of conspiracy theory. However, the author did make a claim about chemical weapons in Syria and about a week after the story was published, he was dead on.

I don't know if it is true or not, but it does make for a good read.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/51346

10. SoonerProphet

SoonerProphet Well-Known Member

11. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I usually scoff at the false flag claims, but sometimes I do wonder.

As for Benghazi, I do think it had to have been a sizable force the pulled off the attack. What's worse is that it was very probably done with weapons supplied/purchased by the US. What I cannot understand is that given how volatile the area was, why there wasn't more security detail. It doesn't meet the eye test. I think there is far more to the story than we'll probably ever know.

12. sappstuf

sappstuf New Member

Apparently not...

13. diverdog

diverdog New Member

The ole Washington two step.

14. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, but they felt bad enough to think about it.

15. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I keep wondering how things would have worked out if Stephens and his detail had just gotten on a plane on 9-10-2012 and maybe spent a few days in Majorca Spain relaxing on the beach.

Arm chairing Benghazi can show how spending a little money at the right time on a few drinks, some food and lodging and maybe even some SPF 30 can be cheaper than a bunch of funerals and these Congressional Witch Hunts.

16. nutinbutdust

nutinbutdust Member

well sort of...LINKl

The highest-ranking official caught up in the scandal, Assistant Secretary of State Eric Boswell, has not “resigned” from government service, as officials said last week. He is just switching desks. And the other three are simply on administrative leave and are expected back

Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton “has accepted Eric Boswell’s decision to resign as assistant secretary for diplomatic security, effective immediately.” What Nuland omitted was that Boswell gave up only the presidential appointment as assistant secretary, not his other portfolios.

The other officials — Deputy Assistant Secretaries Charlene Lamb and Raymond Maxwell, and a third who has not been identified — were found to have shown “performance inadequacies” but not “willful misconduct,” Pickering said, so they would not face discipline.

House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) told The Post this is “yet another ruse about the tragedy of Benghazi.”

“State Department officials proclaimed . . . that heads would roll . . . Now we see that the discipline is a lie and all that has happened is the shuffling of the deck chairs.”

17. soonercruiser

soonercruiser New Member

So, what did we expect out of these LIARS???

18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

bump