1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projected: Texas A&M vs OU in Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Jaydoug, Dec 2, 2012.

1. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm going to the Cotton Bowl.....if somebody will give me free tickets and pay my way.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Well, we have a month to try and built up some interest. Maybe one of you losers could start a twitter account, and trash talk our boys, at least add a little spark....Nah, that's waay to much work for this game. We're screwed.

3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

This is only good if they only allow fans with at least 2" of hair on their head.

Plus...I thought I had seen the last of that one march band and those nuthuggers in the polished stiletto boots.

4. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i'm hoping the tickets aren't stupid expensive and hard to come by. aTm isn't going to make that any easier.

i really hate Jerry World.

5. 8timechamps

I'm officially starting my month long "This is the greatest bowl match-up of the season" stance. And outside of Sooner fans, I think it's being looked at as one of the best bowls (BCS included).

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I bet Jerry will be out there handing out free tickets....lol

7. bonkuba

bonkuba Active Member

I just bought my tickets....for $140/piece X 5 for a grand total of $730 (with handling)....good grief. I shake my head, but I still bought em......BOOMER!!!

8. oudivesherpa

oudivesherpa Well-Known Member

The Cotton Bowl's official web site says the games sold out. Sold out my ***, those tickets will be easier to get that a wide receiver scoring grass on campus corner.

9. OklahomaRed

OklahomaRed New Member

Like the stadium. Hate Jerry. Hate A&M (bunch of prima donna quitters). Like Dallas. Can drive. Have somewhere to stay for free. Hate Dallas traffic, and can't get there on the DART. About a toss up as far as go, don't go. Maybe FaninAma will buy me a ticket? :)

10. 8timechamps

C'mon everyone, THIS is the best bowl game of them all! The excitement is eating at me, I'm not sure how I'll make it until January 4.

11. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wouldn't be so sure. Between the hype of Johnny football winning the Heisman, two semi local teams with HUGE fan bases in Dallas, could be a tough ticket.

12. TUSooner

TUSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

13. 8timechamps

At least West Virginia can feel our pain. They got paired with Syracuse.

14. kenth68

kenth68 Member

oh hell... lol, osu in the dallas bowl

15. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

A scrambling quarterback. Lovely. :(

16. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

Unfortunately, that was my first thought too.

17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looks like we got one of the top matchups, IMO. The sugar, rose and orange bowls would trade their matchups for what the cotton bowl got in a heartbeat. A&M is a different team under Sumlin and they'll most likely have the Heisman trophy winner. It's an SEC team ranked higher than us that knocked of defending champ (and probably repeating champ). Looks like an opportunity to win a big one to me.

18. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Could be worse........ we could all be Bugeater fans.

19. King Barry's Back

King Barry's Back New Member

aTm to the Cotton is an absolute natural fit, and will probably be one of the bowl's dream teams as long as they get the second SEC team.

Why is it a natural fit? Tons and tons of cult-like fans in the local area who will fill up seats, and at least the older fans all grew up dreaming of the Cotton Bowl.

And aTM is a freaking great team - they're not like the slow and boring teams we're used to playing.

New coach and new conference.

I'm not wild about being with the Aggie-"nation'' of fans again so soon, but the team is a different deal.

Make no mistake. They can kick our butts. We're going to need to play lights out, and if the players aren't any more excited about this bowl/matchup than soonerfans.com; we're in serious trouble.

20. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Agreed. Can't please soonerfans.com. If we play Stanford, UConn or Iowa and win, it's "meh, we didn't play anyone that counts". Now we get a highly ranked team that knocked off 'Bama and played LSU and UF very close and no one likes it. Seems like a great bowl invitation considering we lost the 2 most important games on our schedule this year.