1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We were just lucky against OSU

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Widescreen, Nov 27, 2012.

1. toast

toast New Member

Let them have their moral victory, we'll take scoreboard.

2. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member

Articles:
    As I have said before - when Aggy doesn't tear down the goalposts when they beat us, I'll be worried. Hasn't happened yet, and not likely to happen.

3. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

you're talkin about explaining to aggies...yes it is~ :)

4. Seamus

Seamus New Member

[​IMG]

Sez you!

5. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

You have to remember, this is the school where Dexter Manley gradiatead from. Oh, wait..........:D

6. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

John Helsley wrote an article about the celebration yesterday. I guess it's some kind of badge of honor for those poor saps.

7. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Was it luck in 1983 when an onside kick bounced off an aggie's helmet as OU recovers the ball and goes on to score 18 points in the final 13 minutes of the game to win by 1?

Was it luck when Pat Jones called timeout with only enough time for one play thinking OU would punt the ball, giving his team an opportunity to block it or set up a return, instead Gibbs releases the kraken (OUr freshman quarterback Gundy) and the Sooners score on the Cale Mary pass to the endzone?

Were any of those pass-and-run for scores late in the 2010 game luck?

Is belief in superstition a requirement to attend OSU or just play football there?

8. TanTanFeil

TanTanFeil New Member

Yep. Bingo

9. TanTanFeil

TanTanFeil New Member

Perfect explanation

10. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

BINGO!

11. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I guess Jo Randle can phone up Damien Williams, David King, Frank Shannon, Gabe Ikard, Nila Kasitati, Ben Habern, Tyler Evans, Austin Woods and a couple more and tell them how "lucky" they are. I had respect for this kid til that comment. I guess he'll go down with Toby Gerhart for saying how OU was "lucky" back in 2009. So lucky that by the time they played, they were without four All Americans and four other starters.

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod New Member

Yeah, we were just lucky that Gundy can't count sheep and allows 12 in the huddle.

13. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did OU offer him a scholly, back when he "attended" high school?

14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Hey hey hey, NOW we're talkin'!!!

15. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

and, wouldn't THAT be a cryin' shame? haha

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

HEAR HEAR, DEAR!

17. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Luck is the quarterback with the Colts.

18. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

The celebration did not occur because of any belief on the part of our team that they were going to lose. If our team thought they were going to lose, they would not of kept fighting until the end.

The game was our seniors last home game and a closely fought game that was won in overtime, so when and where was all that energy from such a victory going to happen if not at the end of the game?

19. mdklatt

mdklatt SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts OKLAST would have never lost a football game ever.

20. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

I give even the most obnoxious fans credit... oSu has made a better series out of this the last three years and it looks like more barn-burners are coming. But the "luck," blaming the refs and all the off-season ****-talking they did on Landry Jones makes this victory sweet. Landry had one of, if not the most impressive outings by a QB in BIG 12 history against a group who has been dogging him all year long after last season.

Makes a difference when he's not throwing to Kameel Jackson, Trey Franks and Joe Powell, doesn't it, aggy DBs?