1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Republican Party failed in many ways Tuesday night.

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by MamaMia, Nov 7, 2012.

1. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Google Chrome is a browser (and also an OS but we won't get into that lest it turn into a repeat of the old Russ argument at the Posse) which is tied in with Google search -- yahoo is simply a search engine. In any case, they operate and function exactly the same way the only difference being the way each search engine queries and displays its results. In other words, there's little discernible difference.

2. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

3. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I think I need to take my computer in. It keeps shutting down on me. I'll drop by there today on my way to the doctor and make an appt. to get it fixed.

Its been acting up a couple of weeks now. I have tried everything. I may need more memory, or at least thats what this Blue screen message keeps saying. Thats why I changed to Google Chrome. I had to just to open various pages that yahoo wouldn't open any longer.

4. SicEmBaylor

None of what you said makes the least bit of sense whatsoever and anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of computers knows that. There is no way that changing from Google Chrome (which is a browser not a search engine though the latter is obviously integrated with the former) to yahoo or to Ask Jeeves would have any impact on any kind of memory issue you have that leads to a BSOD.

I think you're getting very very poor computer advice from someone. The other day you said ATT DSL told you to stop using yahoo and, yet, ATT is partnered with and closely integrated with yahoo. In fact, it's hard to tell where yahoo integration stops and ends when it comes to ATT DSL, so the claim that they told you to stop using yahoo when it's integrated with their DSL service is pretty absurd I think.

5. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Sorry Jon, I didn't see you found the link. Thank you.

Good grief.

6. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

Like I said, its probably best to just take it in. I don't feel like messing with it anymore. I took a cell shot of the screen that keeps popping up when it shuts down, which it does a lot. Hopefully that will help the computer shop guy in figuring out whats going on. Its above my skills.

7. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They're "unintended pregnancies" now, not human beings. That's a very cold calculus from the abortion on demand crowd. What other "unwanted" groups will get such labels from out intellectual superiors. I'm sure once the bills from Obamacare come due, the sick and elderly will become obsolete.

8. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dear Liberals,

I'm not going to hire your sorry *ss.

Sincerely,

The Right

9. BetterSoonerThanLater

BetterSoonerThanLater SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i need to get out of crazyfornia...anyone want to hire a 13 year Marine reservist that works in the airline industry? :)

10. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Again, I will not support a Democrat-lite party. I already consider myself a libertarian but am willing to support the GOP if the offer enough difference on the economy and foreign policy from the Democrats. In addition, if the party in power(that be your boyz, TU) cannot get a handle on the deficit and oncoming fiscal train wreck they will enjoy this election cycle very little. In fact, they may come to rue the fact they won.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  11. FaninAma

I think there is more truth in your post than you realize. Businesses are already announcing cuts. Boeing has sent out a notice to their employess that there will be a significant workforce reduction coming soon.

12. SicEmBaylor

I know a guy in Colorado who owns a small trucking company that has decided to sell everything he has, law off his employees, sell his house, and move to the Cayman Islands to teach scuba lessons which is something he really enjoys doing. He's actually the only person I know of that is actually leaving the country because Obama was re-elected.

13. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

People do retire.

14. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

What's new? It's the Air Transport Business. Employees there are used to it.

15. kevpks

kevpks New Member

More earners/moochers false binaries. That 47% and "Republicans sign their checks on the front" talk didn't work too well for Romney. If some Republican business owners want to pout and take their ball and go home, I'm sure there are others (from both parties) with a much less childish outlook willing to help this economy grow.

TUSooner likes this.
  16. FaninAma

I know several physicians who have decided to retire earlier than they had originally planned because they are tired of the goverenment interference in medicine.

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Amen. Obama if anything is and always has been a Moderate.

I'm a moderate. So is Romney on odd numbered calendar days. Other times, he's for what sounds good today.

The Tea Party named themselves The Tea Party. I know the GOP couldn't help but to sign them up and try and appease them but they like you are saying...need to be run off or told to STFU.

18. kevpks

kevpks New Member

I don't find "I know several..." and "I know a guy who..." posts to be very convincing. Medicine is not my field, so I would be interested to hear more details about what specifically is driving these doctors to retirement.

19. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

There will be 10 more to fill their shoes. There comes a time where making good financial decisions should take place. I think it's good that they are retiring as they would have been risking a lot if Romney had been elected. You are crazy if you think Obamacare would have been repealed Day One.

I wish them well in their retirement. My Physician just retired too. Right after he did, he found out he had cancer.

Things happen for a reason.

20. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I need some yard werk done