1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What aggravates you the most about the SEC?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 8timechamps, Jun 11, 2012.

1. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is my #1 complaint.

#2 is the SEC,SEC,SEC,SEC, SEC, ETC chant if/one of their teams wins a game.

2. arcman46

arcman46 New Member

I like the Big 12 and didn't want to see us move anywhere, but I would have much rather have seen us go to the PAC then to the SEC

3. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You don't want to hitch yourself to that wagon.

4. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Lol....really? Gosh... delahew, I need for you tell me why not.

5. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

While I would have accepted the SEC, it would be awfully arrogant of you to suggest our area of the country doesn't rate having our own conference. We don't need to be rescued by the SEC, contrary to what a few of our butt hurt fans, who believe everything Chip Brown reports, may believe.

6. HAMTTX

HAMTTX New Member

The only thing that bothers me about the SEC is the new fans they seem to have that will not shut up. To all of their fans who have supported their teams loyally over the years, I have nothing but good things to say. As all of you know, things go in cycles and this will too.

7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

We can hope, at least.

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I've found that most of the long-time/loyal fans are the respectful ones. It's the nut job fans that make the most noise (of course that could be said about any fanbase).

9. BBQ Man

BBQ Man Just Happy to be Here

For me, it's not about the area not deserving a conference or needing to be rescued. Its simply that as much as it hurts to say it because the Big 12 is great (at least on the field), the SEC is simply the best conference. OU would have boosted the SEC even more and we'd be playing games against Arkansas, LSU, A&M, Alabama, Auburn every year and rotate through teams like Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.

I understand not everyone wants it, but I'm jealous of, happy for and mad at Missouri for getting to join A&M over there.

10. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

It's the fact they care more about conference than their school/team. When Bama was about to win the softball title I saw tons of SEC signs being waved around and no Bama signs....so no Bama is not exempt from the gayness that goes on. Your team is about to win the title and all you can think about is which conference you belong to? I know a team from the SEC hadn't won one or something like that, but give me a break....those other teams had nothing to do with the game between them and OU.

In my opinion, it's a just a way for a whole bunch of retards in the south to relive the confederate "the south will rise again" without acctually rising...

11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

You nailed it!

But, all the SEC,SEC,SEC etc. hoopla doesn't P me O as much as the Big 10 and Pac 16 hawging the Rose Bowl, their arrogance, and ability to prevent other leagues from playing there.

BBQ Man likes this.
  12. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The SEC is beating us at our own game. In the old Big8, it was the winner of OU/NU that had a good shot at a MNC. In the Big12, it morphed into the OU/UT winner. The SEC used to have more depth and that hurt them as they beat each other up. More recently, they have had that 2 elite team situation with the winner taking it all. They have rotated which teams are elite between, Bama, UF, Auburn and LSU. But that top to bottom depth is a myth or you wouldn't see them have undefeated champs. I'm not saying it's planned, it's just worked out that way. They are still the best conference because that elite 2 have been the best in the country, but they are not top to bottom better than the big12 (IMO, of course).

13. BBQ Man

BBQ Man Just Happy to be Here

Amen!

14. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

A&M needed to join the SEC, because they're convinced that the Big 12 is the Bevo Conference, and no way in hell they're chanting "Be-vo! Be-vo!" :rcmad:

15. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Being one of the newcomers over there I get the sense that the SEC is kind of like an old southern clannish disfunctional family. The SEC is an old conference with a number of schools that have had a relationship that goes back a long time. And, it is an old conference in a part of the country that's very much God, family, country, and football. As such, with such familarity and ties they fight amoungst themselves meanier than the craziest families you might see on an episode of cops ... BUT .... they'll unite against any outsider that dares take on one of their own "kin." There seems to be very much that kinfolk "family" kinda thing but they will tear each other apart ... as they say ... family fights best.

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Sec has a large population of high quality athletes, and a tradition of football, with lots of weather that is conducive to playing the game. They are set up for success, due to the number of available players. The way they crow and boast the league is authentically obnoxious, though, for sure.

17. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I hate all the better weather they get to play in. Better weather means less injuries.

18. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Living in the heart of 'Bammer country for the last three years, I can assure you that the run of the mill 'Bammer is just as big an ******* and will also chant S-E-C at the drop of a hat. You'd have thought they won the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

19. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

Aggies that think they will out recruit everyone in the country because the are now in the SEC.

20. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm aggravated by all of the speed they have. It was even tough catching girls in Arkansas.