1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky Seals-Jones Decommits

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by swardboy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Per College Football Live....he wants to play multiple sports, and Mack won't allow that. Does OU have any pull with this kid? Big wide receiver.

2. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rick Barnes said he could play hoops if he wants. There's more to the story than that. He's looking at LSU now and he's playing AAU basketball all summer. Probably something to do with those connections.

3. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Barnes may be OK with it, but is Mack?

4. Herr Scholz

Who knows. Don't think it matter$$$.

5. fwsooner22

fwsooner22 New Member

Herr - So you're saying that he committed to the Horns and there was no $$$$ but now LSU is offering $$$$ and he is changing his mind ? Seems to me if a kid is looking for $$$$ during the recruiting process he didn't just start that desire recently....if you know what I mean.

6. Herr Scholz

I'm just guessing. He's been heavily involved with AAU basketball and that's pretty shady. So is LSU. Maybe some people got in his ear. I don't know.

I did read about a new method of payment from some LSU fans the other day. Apparently what they do now is have the kid put up an old pair of shoes on eBay and then some "good LSU fans" will pay $500 for them or something.

7. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Wow. That is shady. That's even more shady than Red McCombs's annual Golden Handshake Summer BBQ party.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

how does one authenticate that? i could find some old shoes...

9. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does the playing basketball and football thing ever work in college? I can't recall it.

10. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

it seems like you would have to start basketball after the spring semester started

i remember thinking there was no way i could make winter basketball games and i was only going to the away/bowl games, not playing in them

11. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

Julius Peppers did it when he was at North Carolina.

12. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Charles Ward ended up all right with a national championship and Heisman in football, then having a pretty long NBA career.

For some reason I remember RW McQuarters doing it at OSU as well.

Tony Gonzales turned out OK.

13. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

Louisiana is one of the dirtiest, most corrupt states in the nation, and their flagship university is not any different.

14. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

There's a lot of talk that he may end up just playing hoops. I can see that, but for LSU? No. There is definitely more to the story than we are hearing. If I were a Texas fan, I'd probably be okay with not getting this guy. I always wonder about kids that do this kind of thing.

15. Herr Scholz

Like you guys say, one player is not going to make or break us. He's a good one for sure but we've got some other options at WR if he doesn't come back. Just move on down the road.

16. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

I agree. I'd only want kids that really wanted to be there, not someone that's always wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere or that's not happy, etc. Being an athlete in these types of programs, even if it's track and field, requires an unwavering commitment in order to be successful. One my kids was an SEC athlete, and I can tell you that half-*** or luke warm won't cut it.

17. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Plus, with no QB, you don't really need receivers anyway.

8timechamps and swardboy like this.
  18. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Or "with two quarterbacks you need twice as many receivers."

19. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzales

20. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that Gates never played CFB at Kent State. I could be wrong though.

SoonerofAlabama likes this.