1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicken in a Can

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Sooner Born Sooner Bred, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Was one of the secret ingredients on Chopped tonight. They stole 8XC's idea.

2. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

[​IMG]

Mmmmmmm....chicken in a can.

3. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Tosh.0 had a bit on this....so gross.

4. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

One judge complained about a hair in the dish, and the responsible chef said, "Well I did wash my hair this morning, so at least it's a clean hair."

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

When I watch it, I'm usually sidetracked by the amount of sweat that is being dropped into the food. I think finding a hair would be the end of my Chopped judging career.

6. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's why the go light on the salt.

8timechamps likes this.
  7. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I get grossed out anytime someone chops a finger. They just put a rubber glove over it like no big deal but I'm about to pass out.

8. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you made a production out of it every time you mutilated yourself, you'd never get anything done. I have a number of scars from my time spent in a pro kitchen.

9. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I can deal with the blood better than I can the copious amounts of sweat some of em shower onto the food they're preparing.

Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  10. 8timechamps

Given a choice, I'd take neither...but the blood (so long as they cover it) is certainly better than the sweat drops.

11. Sooner Mommy

Sooner Mommy New Member

Chicken In A Can is one of the grossest things I've ever seen. Chopped features a lot of foods I find questionable, but I'm sure someone, somewhere loves them. One of my favorite shows!

12. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yahoo headlines had a copycat recipe for Chick Fil Gay sandwiches, so I tried it today. Good.

If I try it again, I'd pound the meat a little thinner.

http://hilahcooking.com/chick-fil-a-copycat/

Also, I have tons of homegrown tomatoes from my garden, so I put sliced tomatoes and a couple strips of bacon on the sandwich. Can't go wrong there.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  13. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

FIFY :congratulatory:

14. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

Better to pound ones own meat rather than marry an SS per CF.

15. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

I've watched Chopped on an occasion or two, but it's one of my least favorite shows they have. Along with anything with Paula Deen.

16. Tulsa_Fireman

Tulsa_Fireman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looks like it's giving birth.

To AWESOMENESS.

17. 8timechamps

To be clear, my idea (with a minuscule about of credit to OU4Life...whom I miss terribly) was not Chicken in a Can. It was LIVE Chicken in a Can. The idea being that you can a live, fully grown chicken. Poke some holes for air, and throw a handful of corn kernels before you close the lid. Then, just stick it in the mail. The buyer could choose to kill and butcher it, keep it for fresh eggs, or just enjoy the company of live poultry. The possibilities are endless, really.

18. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

Exactly! :D

20. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

There is a kids joke that starts "Do you have chicken in the can?" Don't remember the punchline but there should be a lot of them.