1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Move On...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by C&CDean, May 17, 2012.

1. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wow, what a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Well. One less reason to come down for games anymore.

Scratch that. Easily the biggest reason...

I've waited 13 long years for the Notre Dame rematch. So I'll probably make that one. Can't say beyond that.... Florida... or California... beckons. 4 more years of HS and it'll be time to blow this frozen tundra...

For me, it's not Oklahoma football without the opportunity to be around the people I care for. I hope we can arrange to get together sometime, with or without the football accompanying it.

I truly appreciate every moment with you and Lisa from scorching UTEP in 2000, to even more scorching North Carlina in 2001, to Papadeauxs, to good luck beat texas dip (thanks Walt and Eileen!), to you guys taking on my crew of teenage monkeys last year for the Tulsa opener.

To all you other guys and gals, Bryan, Shannon, Doug, Walt, Eileen, Phil, and Leslie.... this will make it tougher to get together and see you. But I look forward to then whenever it may be.

And though I am infrequent to the games, I hope over the years we've gotten to know each other well enough, that if you ever need anything... really need anything... all you have to do is holler. I can get down there for a stupid football game. I can more easily get down there for you both if you ever have a need.

...think I better sign off now...

Lott's Bandana likes this.
  3. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Geesh.

Guess I'll sell my scooter now.

4. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh, Ya know anyone who wants to buy an OVJ machine?:chuncky:

5. sluggo sooner

sluggo sooner New Member

My family and I enjoyed the tailgates we were able to make. Great hosts! Thanks for everything.

6. texaspokieokie

texaspokieokie New Member

Must've been the best tailgate(s) ever !!!!! came over there a couple times & met Dean, the GREAT host. used to park right across the alley, before some company (maybe Haliburton) took over the whole strip. really hate to see it go !!!

My wife & i own a lot there @ newberry creek, but have never used it. Not on the lake, but close.

7. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

I first found out about these tailgates a couple seasons ago. Was amazed at the menus and obvious work and planning to make them a success. I go to a game or 2 each season now and never made it to one. But thanks for all your work!!

8. NoleMan

NoleMan Active Member

Let me add that the time we had in Norman (not the game) was very memorable. Thank you for your hospitality! Sure we can't talk you out of it now that "we'll be in the Big 12"??

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fun times.

10. instigator

instigator SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sorry to hear that Dean but I can't imagine the work that y'all put in to it. Thanks for years of good times.

11. BFS

BFS New Member

Deano, a million thanks to you and Lisa for all the work and planning that have gone into these tailgates. I remember that first one 13 years ago and who-da thunk it would have turned into what it has. It has been a great ride and I have enjoyed them all. You and Momma enjoy your more relaxing gameday Saturdays and don't be strangers, let's hook up on some of the road trips. Thanks again to the both of you, BFS & my lovely bride Ms. A.

12. sooners2win

sooners2win New Member

I never made a tailgate either, but congrats to you and wife on property and getting more quality time with each other, enjoy!

13. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

Thanks for all the hard work you and Lisa put in to them Dean. Always had a good time.

14. soonerfan4life

soonerfan4life New Member

I just got to enjoy one season with everyone it was great hope to see you guys around next year

15. UberSooner

UberSooner Active Member

Tailgates? There were tailgate's?

16. jaux

jaux Apollo Beach Sooner

Dean and Lisa,
    I'm happy for you both. You deserve some relaxing down time pre and post games. Good for you!
    Thank you for the kind words and rememberances. I will always remember the Crown Royal pre-game shots which became "another, OK, one more....damn that was good...one more!"...wiggling the TV antenna.....moving the trucks....Beyonces....cheering the team bus as we stood on the curb...dealing with KState drunks in Manhatten. But the memory I will most cherish is, during a particularly sad time in my life, Dean's genuine welcoming handshake and Lisa's charming smile and "encouraging" words as I (the new guy) first showed up and began setting up chairs. You two are special folks that God has blessed to all us SoonerFans.
    Be safe on the water.
    Jim

17. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well said Jaux! If I ever run into you at Westport in KC again, the first one is on me.

18. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It is now time to move to Lloyd Noble area for tailgates, no question the prior spot was superior but it is now gone...

19. brokenarrowboomer

brokenarrowboomer New Member

I'm really going to miss this, I attended most of the tailgates the past several years. There are several of us from BA that travel together to the games. The tailgate was top notch and we always had a great time. Thanks for all you have done, and enjoy your new weekend freedom.

20. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

No problem Dean...I just wish I had been there for the past two seasons to TG with y'all...oh well, it's the nature of my job. And this fall, looks like we might be PCS'ing...so I guess 2009 was it. Anyways, all my thanks to you and Lisa for the outstanding effort and for pouring your hearts, souls and wallets into this endeavor for the past however-many years.